Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2006, 04:56 PM

Default Theoretically, I busted Him

I'm wondering, how much comfort is it to know that even though you technically outplayed your opponent, he stuck around with 22, or J6s or (fill in the blank) and the River brought the precise card to hand Hee Haw Boy the pot.

Do you really feel good and confident that even though he’s raking in the pot, he made a “mistake” or, come on, you say “nh” and your note on the Villain starts with “Total Jackoff….etc.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Theoretically, I busted Him

I add villain to my buddy list and do my best to sit at tables where he plays.

It never feels "good" to get sucked out on, but the thought of having people that play that poorly at my table certainly feels good enough to make up for it.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:02 PM

Feel good: No. Feel Confident: Yes. This is the right attitude to have. When you outplay him again and he doesn't suck out, then you feel good.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:09 PM

Total Jackoff LOL
Old 02-10-2006, 06:13 PM

everyone knows about sklansky bucks here. well the key to poker is having -$ in sklansky bucks, meaning your opponents earn sklansky bucks off of you.

if you're earning sklansky bucks, you're losing real money, and you can't redeem those sklansky bucks.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
everyone knows about sklansky bucks here. well the key to poker is having -$ in sklansky bucks, meaning your opponents earn sklansky bucks off of you.

if you're earning sklansky bucks, you're losing real money, and you can't redeem those sklansky bucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

well maybe not everyone. the way i see it, to lose sklanskies you have to make an incorrect play according to the TOP. i would think you could win sklanskies and real bucks at the same time. it's just consolation when you only get the sklanskies.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:21 PM

First time I heard of them.

Miles Dyson was from Terminator 2, no?

My point is there are times when it feels more like "Fight Club" then poker and I know it's a huge mistake on my part. Trying to hammer the donkey the next time we cross swords is a huge, huge occasional leak on my part but lately I can take a breathe and just play the 2 cards in front of me.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm maybe I don't?? I thought Sklansky bucks was for playing correctly but getting sucked out on? So if that is true, -$ in Sklansky bucks would be playing bad and sucking out on the villian? That might be a bit good for my BR at that time, but bad for it overall because I am typically playing bad?????

I must of missed something here.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sklansky bucks are redeemable for full value once you hit the long run
Old 02-10-2006, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sklansky bucks are redeemable for full value once you hit the long run

[/ QUOTE ]

i love you man