Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 06:21 PM

Default rumors of collusion at 5/10 NL Borg

anyone else hearing this? I've heard this from a couple of ppl and am curious what anyone else has heard or experienced there?
Old 02-17-2007, 06:34 PM

Default Re: rumors of collusion at 5/10 NL Borg

[ QUOTE ]
anyone else hearing this? I've heard this from a couple of ppl and am curious what anyone else has heard or experienced there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Provide details or the thread will be locked. Innuendo without a supporting argument doesn't help the forum, hence we tend to stop these threads before they go too far. Thanks in advance.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2007, 09:20 PM

ive always heard about this from some semi regulars there, but they are all idiots who tell me about it so im like well these guys are just trippin and they lose all the time and try to justify why they only play low stakes, "because if i play higher people are always cheating/ in on it together/ have pieces of each other" plus, the mid stakes NL games in AC are so bad that people must not know how to cheat. would like to hear more about this though because i plan on playing a good amount of 5/10 at borgata this summer. hope some actual info comes here so not get locked.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:32 PM

I've heard the same, but can't prove it.
Anything's possible.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:15 AM

some of these players play with each other everyday. If they know each of them are strictly TAG and never making a move, or just know their style it's an advantage that the rest of the table might not have. But, thats part of the game and not something you could define as collusion. I don't think there is much more than that going on.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:17 AM

I heard this from a player playing 1/2 NL so it may not be the most credible. He said that one person would raise to build pot size up and a player all the way at the other side of the table would re-raise and just happen to have aces. He also said these types of things happen at 2/5 there.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:09 AM

OMG people are reraising with aces again?
Old 02-19-2007, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Players at the 1/2NL know better than raise with aces.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Say it ain't so!
Old 02-19-2007, 12:09 PM

Guys & gals:

Sure collusion exists, but in today's game it is a far lesser problem than before. Collusion is also semi easy to catch over the length of a session, the downside however is that it takes multiple instances to assure that collusion is taking place. From my experience 9x out of 10 when a player accused others of collusion at the 1/2 NL level he or she was in reality inexperienced and looking for an excuse to blame his or her loss. I have been caught in between colluding partners before in a limit game, and I have to admit it was the best seat at the table! Remember that the majority of times when collusion is occurring between players at the lower levels (very hard to catch a dealer and it is a completely different topic) the infringing parties are very bad players which actually gives you an edge if you know how to exploit their tenancies.

Since there was no examples, proof, or personal experience mentioned in this thread I'm going to lock it now. Innuendo and hearsay about collusion isn't worth discussing in B&M - lets keep the topics focused on when collusion really occurs or when there is suspicion with qualified proof.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Closed Thread