Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2007, 04:13 PM

Default Suzzer (60) Bubble hands

I wouldn't get involved in any of these hands. Just wanted to get some opinions.
(Villain is the Bjorg009 in all hands)

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t200 with t25 antes (4 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

CO (t4770)
Button (t1380)
Hero (t4575)
BB (t2775)

Preflop: Hero is in SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="red">CO raises to t600</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, Hero calls t500, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>

Flop: (t1500) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets t800</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to t2200</font>, <font color="gray">Hero folds</font>

EDIT: Bjorg009: shows [8h Th] (high card King)

Next hand:

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t200 with t25 antes (4 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

CO (t1355)
Hero (t3150)
SB (t2550)
BB (t6445)

Preflop: Hero is in Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t500</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to t4800</font>, <font color="gray">Hero folds</font>

EDIT: Bjorg009: shows [Jc 2c] (high card Jack)

CO (t6970)
Button (t980)
Hero (t2375)
BB (t3175)

Preflop: Hero is in SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="red">CO raises to t600</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, Hero calls t500, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>

Flop: (t1500) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: (t1500) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks

River: (t1500) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets t600</font>, CO calls t600
Old 02-17-2007, 04:21 PM

Default Re: Suzzer (60) Bubble hands

hand 1 i think is fine, hand 2 i think is fine, hand 3 i think is a fold (possibly a push depending no how villain plays) preflop, i hate calling.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:25 PM

Hand 2 I'd make it more b/c of antes, and given stack sizes hand 3 is seriously bad.
Old 02-17-2007, 05:59 PM

Hand 1 is awful. Hand 1 shove preflop. It seems like villian is opening really wide and if you win you can pwn the bubble as the big stack.
Hand 2 is awful because villain is reshoving any two.
Hand 3 preflop is really bad. If you aren't folding shove. River vb is fine
Old 02-17-2007, 06:12 PM

Bjorg just started pwning like that. Never seen him do it before, and I've played a ton of games with him. If I know that of course I reshove the 88 hand. I think he might have been drunk or something that night.

The A9s hand was the 2nd time, I didn't think he'd have the balls to pull it twice. Obv. I play different against him from now on if I think he's feeling frisky. Against almost all players at the 60s that's a good raise. No one owns the bubble, because everyone calls everything.

Hand 3 is iffy. I figured I had a decent chance to pick up some chips vs. aggro villian who could be raising any 2, w/o really risking bubbling too much. I wanted to give him a chance to try to own me on a K-high or Q-high flop. Thought the implied odds were good.
Old 02-17-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bjorg just started pwning like that. Never seen him do it before, and I've played a ton of games with him. If I know that of course I reshove the 88 hand. I think he might have been drunk or something that night.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would rather say that he was drunken on other nights if he didn`t play like that. OP just got really owned by a player, who knows how to pawn weakness.
I am not to sure about, but i think all of Bjorg`s play was pretty standart and good.

Hand 1: If someone donks into my PFR, his hand is almost never great. So easy shove for Villain. No offense, but bad donk by hero. As others said, i would reshove PF.

Hand 2: If i know that Villain is good and will reshove wide, than limp-pushing or folding is a decent play with good, but not nutty hands.

Hand 3: I don`t know why a call is the best option here, because Villain will push you most likely off your hand, if you miss...
Old 02-17-2007, 06:45 PM

Yeah his play was great on those first two hands. Like I said though, no one does that and I'd never seen him do it before. IE - I raise Ax into a bigstack on the bubble all the time and they almost never play back. I make notes on the ones that do. Obviously I handle things differently next time.

If you go around assuming a guy at the $60s, whom you've never seen pwn before, is going to pwn you just because he can, you're giving up a TON of +ev.
Old 02-17-2007, 06:52 PM

When i played SNG`s, i always tried to "test villains out". Sometimes i made fishy minraises and other stupid stuff, just to see their reaction.
But you`re right, i have only seen a few guys, who have the guts to play back on the bubble. Time to play some sng`s again.
I`ll shoot up some 60ies tonight. And i will complete call you with TJ soooted....loooool.
Old 02-17-2007, 06:55 PM

I won a race against chess1956 the other night and said "sleep you must" as he died. He started calling and shoving into me with 100% on every table we were on. I called him with AQ on the bubble and Q8o ITM because I knew it was good given his range. Of course he had 2 giant suckouts that knocked me out in 3rd. But it was still fun.

Man that dude is awful.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:00 PM

Loooooool. Nh.

btw, why is there such a big hatred in this forum against chess1956?
I don`t know the history behind. Is it, because he said with a gimmick account that he is so good or whats the deal with him?
I just hear everybody saying "whenever you have a monster against chess, pls slowroll etc..."