Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2007, 09:18 AM

Default PokerStars misleading its customers

For the last several months Stars have been advertising the possibility of using FPPs to buy in preliminary events:

http://www.pokerstars.com/fpp/store/tournaments/

So I sent an email to support asking how it works for redeeming 93k fpps for a $1,500 tourney, and I got this response:

"We do not offer the option of buying-in, using FPPs, for the World Series of Poker, however we have provided satellites in the past years, using FPPs as entry".

I obviously replied complaining, and pointing to their ads, and they replied saying the issue was being escalated to some manager, but they never got back to me.

Now Lee Jones in the other thread says:

"we usually permit SilverStar and up players to enter televised preliminary events with W$ , and SuperNovas can use FPPs".

A couple of considerations:

1) Why do they keep on advertising something that they have no intention of offering

2) Why does Lee Jones says that last year supernovas could buy in with FPPs when the ads clearly state Platinum Star?

All this is extremely uprofessional and I would never have expected it from Stars, who I've always thought are a class act.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:06 AM

Default Re: PokerStars misleading its customers

Are you happy you got that out of your system. Sounded like you needed to vent
Old 02-17-2007, 10:13 AM

Probably has something to do with not knowing if they are even direct buying people in post UIGA. I don't see them coughing up $1500 for everyone with FPPs and putting them on the honor system to withdraw it and register themselves.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Probably has something to do with not knowing if they are even direct buying people in post UIGA. I don't see them coughing up $1500 for everyone with FPPs and putting them on the honor system to withdraw it and register themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why not remove the ad the instant I point them to it and apologize for the confusion?
Old 02-17-2007, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you happy you got that out of your system. Sounded like you needed to vent

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounded like I'm 100% right and very much entitled to be pissed off for something that is being advertised and is not really available.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why not remove the ad the instant I point them to it and apologize for the confusion?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it's a conspiracy to upset you.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:40 PM

I guess this is another item that can be added to the list of things that makes PokerStars appear nice on the surface, but maybe somebody you wouldn't want to invite over to the house for dinner.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:24 PM

Default WSOP buyins with PokerStars FPPs

[ QUOTE ]
Now Lee Jones in the other thread says:

"we usually permit SilverStar and up players to enter televised preliminary events with W$ , and SuperNovas can use FPPs".

[/ QUOTE ]

"When forced to attribute a behavior to either incompetence or conspiracy, always choose the former." - Anon.

Lee made a mistake. We did, indeed, permit PlatinumStar players to use FPPs to buy into WSOP events last year. I don't know exactly what we're going to do this year - one thing I did get right in the other thread is that almost everything is different this year; just because we did it last year doesn't mean that we can or will do it this year.

Here's a promise: as soon as I know what the plan is regarding FPP buyins to the WSOP (both main and preliminary events) I'll post it here. I'll also make sure that our web pages are all consistent on the point.

That should be no later than a week from now.

Best regards,
Lee Jones

PokerStars Poker Room Manager
Old 02-18-2007, 05:43 PM

Default Re: WSOP buyins with PokerStars FPPs

[ QUOTE ]
That should be no later than a week from now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lee,

You are a good spokesperson for PS. I just wanted to let you know that when you make a promise like this, there will be complaints starting 1 week and 1 minute. Especially since PS has a superb customer service reputation to live up to.

I look forward to the update.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:57 PM

Default Re: WSOP buyins with PokerStars FPPs

Thanks a lot for intervening and for committing to clarify the situation shortly. I hope we'll have the chance to represent PokerStars at the wsop.