Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2007, 03:47 AM

Default Pair the Board

So...I'm in Madison Wisconsin at some bowling alley when I notice a .5/1 dollar cash game going on in the corner, I'm like wtf so I walk over and notice THE softest cash game ever I have ever seengoing on in the corner. The game is filled with a bunch of nits who think they are going to pay their rent with their winnings, but they are all brutal. All of a sudden a man in RayBans goes all in for 47 dollars on a 10-5-2 flop and a man who appears to be wearing the glasses from the SI swimsuit issue calls with 77 for 32 dollars. Mr Raybans rolls A-10 but SI swimsuit man (who is the definition of a redneck) rolls 77 and is obviously devastated. Until he realizes something and screams, "PAIR THE BOARD". This man is absolutly distraught begging with all his might for the board to pair, when the 6 comes on the turn he knows his fate is grim and continues to scream, "Pair the Board." By this time I am on the floor laughing about as hard as I ever have, when the 4 falls on the river the man is crushed...He walks around the bar for another hour telling about 20 people how he could not get the board to pair on the river. I heard numerous people explain to him that the board pairing would do no good but his night was ruined. Funniest thing I have ever seen.