Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2007, 10:12 PM

Default ($27) Trying some DDBeast style bubble pwnage.

Ok, so DDBbeast made this post a few days ago where he was on the bubble, with the biggest stack, playing a hand against a smaller stack when there was another player with like 3BBs.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1

I liked that play a lot and it got me thinking that I used to make those moves frequently but not so much any more. So I've been dying for the chance to make similar moves.

I'm very interested to hear what people think about these hands. Good spots for some aggressive bubble pwnage or just risking chips unnecessarily?
Bare in mind that this is the 27s and people's calling standards are a lot looser than the 114s.

Hand 1

I like the small lead on the flop as if he flatcalls I'm shoving any turn and he's left with enough chips to fold and be healthy and probably can't call without a massive hand.

Also important is that if I lose the pot I'm still like joint 2nd in chips.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Button (t3485)
SB (t990)
BB (t3070)
Hero (t5955)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t600</font>, Button calls t600, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (t1275) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t600</font>, Button calls t600.

Turn: (t2475) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t4730 (All-In)</font>

(I used popopop to make an image so you can see the situation better, let me know if posting pics like this with the hand is lame and i won't do it again).

Hand 2

Same tourney (I've been very aggressive so far)
The button, who is in 2nd place, min-raises when he doesn't need to be getting involved so I assume a half decent holding at least.
I'd almost always be pushing here preflop but I decided to 'stop and go' him this time. Theory being that if he raised some unpaired cards he'll miss most flops and if he raised a pair like TT or JJ there will normally be an overcard to be scared of on the flop. If I just shove preflop and he decides "this guy is bullying me with ATC, I have TT, f**k him, I CALL" then I'm pretty screwed as far as wining the pot goes.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (4 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

BB (t1120)
UTG (t1155)
Button (t3120)
Hero (t8105)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t800</font>, Hero calls t600, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (t1475) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t7280 (All-In)</font>

Old 02-16-2007, 10:48 PM

Default Re: ($27) Trying some DDBeast style bubble pwnage.

I'm pretty sure DDBeast doesn't play this bad.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:59 PM

Default Re: ($27) Trying some DDBeast style bubble pwnage.

Hand 1 is really badd unknowns won't fold.
Hand 2 shove preflop if you want to pwn. As played this shove is really bad.