Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2007, 07:23 PM

Default NL $50: TPTK w/ AK, bad turn against LAG

Villain and I have quite a bit of history. I have 3k+ hands on him at 30/16/7.5. He's a pretty decent LAG, very aggressive when he senses weakness, but not overly spewy. I have him at +5 PTBB/100. I think the turn is a key decision here. Leading has its merits, since he'll pretty much see any check as fear of the flush. I also considered check-raising all-in, which might get some stronger hands (2-pair) to fold, as I'd still have outs if called with the NFD. I decided on the check-call and re-eval the river. As played, I also could have considered a river blocking bet. With that said, what do you guys do on the turn?

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($58.15)
BB ($50.75)
Hero ($120.25)
MP ($42)
Button ($55.70)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Hero raises to $2, 1 fold, Villain calls $2, 2 folds.

Flop ($4.75): K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero bets $4, Villain calls $4.

Turn ($12.75: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero checks, Villain bets $8, Hero calls $8.

River($28.75: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero checks, Villain bets $28.75, Hero folds.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:37 PM

Default Re: NL $50: TPTK w/ AK, bad turn against LAG

as played it seems like you checked to give him the opportunity to bluff the river. I don't understand why else you take this line on the turn and river. You check/call the turn and check the river to take advantage of his tendacy to be very aggressive "when he sense weakness". Don't you check/call turn and lead check the river to get him to do this not only with KJ but also the hands that you are ahead of?

FWIW, against this opponent I like crai on the turn here.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:55 PM

bet the turn. just because he called the flop does not mean he just made his flush . he could bet kq k10 10q. river is a lot clearer if you define your hand by betting the turn.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:59 PM

leading is fine so is crai, if you're feeling fancy crai, gets value put of bluffs. In fact yeah, I prefer that. He might even fold two pair here given your read. Plus you have q. a few outs.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:13 PM

I think I'd bet the turn and fold to any resistance.