Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2007, 03:38 PM

Default Jumping off an overpass

Baby survives 100 foot plunge from overpass
[ QUOTE ]
Feb 15, 2007 6:17 pm US/Pacific
Baby Survives 100-Foot Plunge Off Anaheim Overpass

(CBS) ANAHEIM, Calif. A woman was killed Thursday when her car flew off a freeway transition road in Anaheim and plunged about 100 feet, but her 10-month-old baby miraculously survived the crash.

The woman driving a black Acura Integra was going an estimated 80 mph when she hit the brakes and lost control while transitioning from the eastbound Riverside (91) Freeway to the northbound Orange (57) Freeway, California Highway Patrol Officer Katrina Lundgren said.

The car plunged about 100 feet, first striking the ground on its back end, according to reports at the scene.

It landed in an unrecognizable heap of crushed metal and glass on the ground.

The 10-month-old baby, who was strapped into a rear child car seat, appeared to have survived the crash, almost without a scratch, although the child was taken to UCI Medical Center to be checked out, Lundgren said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Back when I first started riding a motorcycle this is something I used to think of a lot since I have to go over a really tall overpass on the way to work and I was always afraid I was going to fast to make the turn. That was before I learned about counter steering.

You can't really see the pic that well here, but I saw the story on TV with a better view and this car is seriously f'd up. Crazy to believe the baby hardly has a stratch on it.