Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2007, 04:29 AM

Default OMFG Children of Men

I'm drunk and I'll probably sound like an idiot. Also I know there have been a few threads about this movie (mods lock it if ya want) but I'll risk a * just to say this movie was simply amazing. I will admit I cried the hardest I ever had for this movie. It was so emotional. I can't find one thing wrong with any part of it. It's sooooo real and sooooo interesting. If anybody didn't like it, I'd love to hear why. If anybody loved it, I'd love to discuss the finer parts. If you didn't see it, PLEASE SEE IT!

EDIT: This thread will probably just die, but I'm alone right now and I had to talk to someone about this movie.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:38 AM

Default Re: OMFG Children of Men

Very good movie, Such beautiful cinimatography. God I can't spell, how'd I pass 4th grade?
Old 02-16-2007, 04:43 AM

Ooo so perfect. The blood, the hand-heldness, man. Once again, awesome in every way. I tried to be a critic, but I really couldn't find anything to critique. Plus the strawbeerries(insert English accent)
EDIT: Yeah.....I'm watching it again.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:46 AM

There was a thread about this a while back...

I thought it was good but was a little disappointed actually, kinda went in expecting more. The general plot was really intriguing, but I wanted them to develop it more. I think in the last thread I compared it a little to Die Hard, it sort of digressed into a more typical 'trying to do something while people are killing us' sort of movie, with much better cinematography and everything else.

I still very much enjoyed it, but I think they could have done better with such an interesting idea.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:53 AM

I kinda felt the ending was a bit weak, but then again, I don't really know how else it could have been ended. The plot twists were great, but they way it was filmed was amazing, as well as the acting and shots and camera angels. Cool futureisticness.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:04 AM

British cinema is coming into a total Boom period right now.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:07 AM

not much to say other than I agree about its awesomeness
Old 02-16-2007, 08:46 AM

Am I the only one who hated it?
Old 02-16-2007, 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one who hated it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was pretty good. I'd be interested to hear why you hated it.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm drunk and I'll probably sound like an idiot. Also I know there have been a few threads about this movie (mods lock it if ya want) but I'll risk a * just to say this movie was simply amazing. I will admit I cried the hardest I ever had for this movie. It was so emotional. I can't find one thing wrong with any part of it. It's sooooo real and sooooo interesting. If anybody didn't like it, I'd love to hear why. If anybody loved it, I'd love to discuss the finer parts. If you didn't see it, PLEASE SEE IT!

EDIT: This thread will probably just die, but I'm alone right now and I had to talk to someone about this movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm on record as saying I love this movie. I kept insisting to my father that he see it as he loves movies as much as I do. When he finally saw it he told me that he "hated the movie" and that I was an idiot. My brother, who also loved COM, and I kept talking to him about it but he was unmovable. Then, out of the blue, about 3 weeks later he and I were at breakfast and he said: "You know, I owe you an apology (very rare, btw) on that movie. At 61 years old, I just couldn't deal with the idea of a world without children and that movie made me feel the despair in that world so fully that I actually hated it for making me feel that way. I was actually in a funk for a couple of weeks thinking about it"

I told him I thought that the movie was actually a reminder to the "now" that a lot of the things we are tampering with could have some larger implications and to be careful because there is a lot of good things in this world we take for granted, like the laughter of children. Is this movie uber-complicated? No, but there are powerful messages in the simple stuff; this is why "Its a Wonderful Life" and "Shawshank Redemption" endure and stay fresh, I believe.

I can't think of a better compliment to this movie than my dad's delayed reaction.