Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2007, 12:15 AM

Default After three years away from NL ring, I get back into 6-max (NL10)

Background - Been playing 4 years, started in limit, went to NL & PLO, then to SNGs, back to limit, back to SNGs and then MTTs, now trying some 6-max out for size and since the UIGEA, my roll is significantly reduced, hence the micro-limits......

Little BG on the hand...

Villain had min-bet me at least twice before this that I can recall and in each case, I re-popped the size of the pot, both times with air (in position, of course) and he quickly folded. He seemed very LAGgy when checked to him, but tended to back off when shown any type of strength.

Ultimate Bet
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05./$0.10.
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $31.45
Gomez22: $12.03
Button: $5.39
SB: $6.55
BB: $15.26

Pre-flop: (5 players) Gomez22 is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Gomez22 raises to $0.5</font>, 3 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($1.15, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Gomez22 bets $0.65</font>, UTG calls.
<font color="blue">Simple continuation bet, I was surprised that he called, my first thought was a FD.... </font>

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($2.45, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $0.1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Gomez22 raises to $2</font>, UTG calls.
<font color="blue">Here he goes again with the min-bet.... I was actually surprised he called, but when he didn't raise, I figured he didn't have the straight(I think even idiots would re-raise here OOP on this board with a straight) But this does confuse me as to his holding. I'm thinking AXs, KcXc, QJs-JTs, and maybe something like 87s. </font>

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($6.45, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $4.5</font>, Gomez22 calls.
<font color="blue">Best card I could hope to hit, but his bet seems a little off here to me. The only thing I could think of here was that he had to have KT-K3 of clubs.... it's the only thing that really makes sense here, right? I mean, I think a set HAS to raise the turn, right? </font>

Results:
Final pot: $15.45

<font color="blue"> Anyone have any thoughts on my play here or on my thought process? I'll post the results after some replies..... </font>
Old 02-16-2007, 12:21 AM

Default Re: After three years away from NL ring, I get back into 6-max (NL10)

Your flop bet needs to be closer to $1. I'm not sure why you're betting the turn, you have king high. You're probably beat on the river, but from what you say villian is terrible, so I'd probably call, too.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:39 AM

I c-bet $1 on flop.
I just call turn.
I fold river.

I think that a donk may very well slowplay a straight or a set. By the river though, I can't see you beating anything other than a badly badly played overpair. maybe A7.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:50 AM

It would be nice to know how he got his stack. The flop bet is too small as mentioned. He has been calling the whole way in the face of your aggression and donks the river. Putting him on a range is probably impossible so given that you are getting a little over 2-1 to call, I probably lean towards folding unless you've seen him bluff before.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It would be nice to know how he got his stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

After I post the results, you'll be able to understand, I think......
Old 02-16-2007, 01:26 AM

I think you are overthinking it, 10NL you don't need to be this fancy. Just hit hands and value bet it, simpal c-bets can be usefull but don't try to pull off big bluffs.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:24 AM

Default RESULTS

Villain had.................................

8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Not something I coulda ever put him on.....
Old 02-16-2007, 08:41 AM

Default Re: RESULTS

When I read this post I was absolutely sure villain had a straight, especially since he is laggy, but backs off when he hasn't got anything. Don't underestimate minbets at these levels. Well don't underestimate them at 100nl either.