Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2007, 02:29 PM

Default KK NL10 on paired board

Hello, first time here so I hope I don't screw up =]

Anyway, I keep having some trouble with hands like AA, KK and so on when I raise PF and the flop comes paired like this.. I don't know that much about my opponent except that he's a multitabler and presumably therefore less likely to be making a ton of plays I guess?

Is my flop bet too weak? Is the blocking bet of sorts that I used on the turn, bad?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($8.15)
BB ($9.20)
Hero ($18.55)
MP ($12.35)
CO ($12.80)
Button ($10.75)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, MP calls $0.40, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.40, SB calls $0.35, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($1.70) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.2</font>, MP folds, Button calls $1.20, SB folds.

Turn: ($4.10) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $5.5</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $12.35

I realize this might be very standard but I'm still unsure what to do everytime the situation comes up.

Is it simply a case by case situation?

Thanks for any input.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:30 PM

Default Re: KK NL10 on paired board

Check turn.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:40 PM

I wont be thrilled to see this flop on these stakes with 4 people, slow down if called on the flop.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:09 PM

Alright, thanks.

Should I try to see a showdown cheaply or really just throw the hand away if he starts betting? (obviously opponent dependant but I haven't seen him do anything crazy)
Old 02-15-2007, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
results oriented?

I 2x barrel this board with missed overs as well as PPs. There are a lot of worse hands that are calling this flop bet and possibly a turn bet as well. Also, it's a very floatable board, so if I fire 2 barrels with AK here I feel like i should fire 2 with KK as well.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:03 PM

Obviously someone has you beat
i know who you are i see you a lot
your stats are something like
11/8/3
Everyone calls your raises with crap hands hoping you bet and bet and bet. Keep that in mind when you play
Old 02-15-2007, 08:24 PM

I would probably give it up to the turn raise, since check-call flop then raise the turn is the most popular line with anything better than two pair in the PokerStars microlimits.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:27 PM

BTW, if it's the first time I've been up against this particular player on a flop like this I would probably go to showdown, just trying to keep it as cheap as possible. Knowing whether a player will try this line with a two, a pocket pair, or as a bluff is really useful information, especially if they are a regular.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I 2x barrel this board with missed overs as well as PPs. There are a lot of worse hands that are calling this flop bet and possibly a turn bet as well. Also, it's a very floatable board, so if I fire 2 barrels with AK here I feel like i should fire 2 with KK as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

At Stars 10NL, PPs will call it, but not missed overs. The big problem is that most players who have trips won't raise the flop. I haven't played NL on any other sites, so I don't know if this is particular to Stars, or just NL10 in general.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously someone has you beat
i know who you are i see you a lot
your stats are something like
11/8/3
Everyone calls your raises with crap hands hoping you bet and bet and bet. Keep that in mind when you play

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a great table. OP has very tight stats and still gets plenty of action. We should all have this problem, although raising KK preflop UTG and getting called in 3 spots isn't fun.