Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2007, 09:47 AM

Default Good spot to bluff river or is it spewage?

Sorry if this looks ugly, converter sucks.

Something I've been trying to add to my otherwise super nitty game is the occasional river bluff. This seemed like a good spot. I put villain on, somekind of mediocre hand that he wasn't proud of.

Whaddyall think?

Villain is unknown.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

BB ($78.97)
UTG ($96.50)
MP ($208.57)
Hero ($98.50)
Button ($71.63)
SB ($97.25)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8, 9. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
[color=#666666]1 fold</font>, MP calls $1, Hero calls $1, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>, SB (poster) completes, BB checks, SB checks, BB checks, MP checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets $5</font>, SB folds, BB calls $4, MP folds, BB checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets $13</font>, BB calls $8.

Flop: ($22.50) 2, 7, K [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>

3 checks to me, I bet 4, BB calls, others fold.

Turn: ($22.50) 6 [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>

Villain checks, I bet 8, villain calls.

River: ($22.50) 4 [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>

HERO bets 23
Old 02-15-2007, 11:34 AM

Default Re: Good spot to bluff river or is it spewage?

I'm confused
Old 02-15-2007, 11:47 AM

Go back and reconvert.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm confused

[/ QUOTE ]

But, if i'm reading correctly, and you reraised to $13 with 89 pf, then bet a measly 4 bucks into a $22 pot on the flop, the whole thing sucks.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:55 AM

I think betting the river is fine, but you're mainly aiming to get him to lay down draws that missed and weak pairs so I think you can bet a bit less.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:34 PM

I can't understand what is happening preflop. Did you limp/reraise? Please clarify.

As someone mentioned, your flop and turn bets are way too small - they don't really accomplish anything. If I was villain, I'd be calling you here on the river with almost anything here, maybe even bottom pair. Your line looks just like a flush draw that wanted a good price on the flop and turn, then when the river bricked decided to get tough and try to steal it with a big bet. No good hands would bet the flop and turn this way with the draw on board. If villain is retarded then I suppose it's okay, but I don't really like anything in this hand to be honest.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't understand what is happening preflop. Did you limp/reraise? Please clarify.

As someone mentioned, your flop and turn bets are way too small - they don't really accomplish anything. If I was villain, I'd be calling you here on the river with almost anything here, maybe even bottom pair. Your line looks just like a flush draw that wanted a good price on the flop and turn, then when the river bricked decided to get tough and try to steal it with a big bet. No good hands would bet the flop and turn this way with the draw on board. If villain is retarded then I suppose it's okay, but I don't really like anything in this hand to be honest.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I got the preflop action correct it's limped 4-ways. Hero bets pot ($4) on the flop after the 3 players checked. Hero gets called in one spot and bets 3/4 on the turn ($8 in $12), he gets called and pots the river.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:56 PM

Oh, that doesn't seem so bad at all then. What is the Hero bets $13 part in the preflop action?

OP - if you can fix the post or repost by hand or something we can probably give you better feedback.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If I got the preflop action correct it's limped 4-ways. Hero bets pot ($4) on the flop after the 3 players checked. Hero gets called in one spot and bets 3/4 on the turn ($8 in $12), he gets called and pots the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes sense. Give up on the river. Looks like he has a king.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's esactly right. Pet pot (4) into 3 opponents, bet 3/4 pot into 1 opponent and bluffed tiver (though the bluff was a bit less than the pot).

I'd go back and fix the original post but I can't find the edit button for some reason. This has happened before, have others had this problem or am I going nuts?