Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2007, 08:29 AM

Default experimenting with a draw

25-50 headsup on fulltilt.

villian is takeyoubystorm. we have quite an extensive history that involves us threebetting eachother very light from OOP and i have had sessions where i would 4 bet quite light when we would get 200+ deep but i havent 4 bet yet this session.

were both very agro postflop as well but he's been floating my flop cbet in reraised pots a LOT and i have been shutting down on turn a lot oop. i have also been floating him a decent amount but it seems he fires a lot of second barrels oop and i have been giving up a lot on turn when he does in reraised pots.

onto the hand: stacks are like $8500

i open K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] to $200 and he reraises to $600. I call.

flop comes Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

he cbets $700 like he has been doing nearly every time and i highly consider raising here but i figure that since we are so deep i don't want to pot commit myself as a big dog so i call instead.

turn comes 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and he leads for $1500

i shove for $5000 on top

ok a little more backgroudn info: i have been playing him for like an hour on two 25-50hu tables and he has been raping me and is up like 6 or 7 buy ins. every time he wins a big pot i spam in that chat curse words and threats that get $@&#^@ ed out

interesting hand that happened shortly before this that gave me my deep stack was where he raised to 150 from sb and i called w. Q9

flop came J 8 x and i lead for pot he called
turn T i pot again he calls
river blank i shove for like 1.5 to 2x pot instantly and he snap calls with QT so he has shown an ability to look me up light

looking back onto the main hand i think it might be better to raise flop to take it down there and maintain an agro image with position and just fold when he fires turn because in his mind he probably doesn't think i would slowplay a big hand on that flop given all those draws

oh but there was a time in this session where i did slowplay top pair in reraised pot: i called his reraise to 450 with J7s and flop came J x x. he leads for near pot i call. turn Q he leads again and i shove he snap calls w. KQ and i lose and threaten the life of his first born son in the chat.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:40 AM

Default Re: experimenting with a draw

Blah. I had a longer post written, but it was basically a winded piece of crap that contained no semblance of a definite line. Everything ended up with "well, this play is good if THIS is happening, but it can also be bad because of THIS."

There are like 464367 variables here. I think in the end I like the shove because a) he'd expect you to raise a big hand on this board more often than not, thus he can be double barreling here with a greater frequency, and b) if he does show up with a hand that can call, his calling range can be light and you have outs.

You can also represent turned 2 pair.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:01 AM

I don't particularly like this shove because he can call you down very light IMO. Probably any Q and maybe even a jack if you've described his image correctly. It all depends on your image however. If you would play 2 pair - set like this, good shove, but I just don't see him double barreling this board without some sort of a hand. If I were to raise any street in this hand, it'd probably be the flop instead of the turn.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:06 AM

pretty stnd v villain u described imo.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:17 AM

your game selection sucks
Old 02-15-2007, 09:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
your game selection sucks

[/ QUOTE ]

?? whos villain?
Old 02-15-2007, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just don't see him double barreling this board without some sort of a hand. If I were to raise any street in this hand, it'd probably be the flop instead of the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

"i have also been floating him a decent amount but it seems he fires a lot of second barrels oop and i have been giving up a lot on turn when he does in reraised pots."

AK,

What about this board texture makes you think he would abandon his frequent "double barrel OOP" strategy and check without a hand?
Old 02-15-2007, 09:32 AM

It just that he's down 6-7 buyins in an hour to this guy. And nothing from grimm's description would give the idea grimm has any kind of edge against this guy
Old 02-15-2007, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It just that he's down 6-7 buyins in an hour to this guy. And nothing from grimm's description would give the idea grimm has any kind of edge against this guy

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that 6-7 buyins between 2 very aggressive players going at it HU isn't as significant as you're making it seem.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:55 AM

were probably about even EV but i felt like playing him because back in december i played him HU on like 5 or 6 5-10 tables at atime and took him for 20+ buy ins in a night which helped me get a roll back for hsnl