Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 11:44 PM

Default OT- Giving Back, thanks for the idea Paster :)

To be honest while is will be giving back and it's all nice and dandy I'm in a bit of a poker rut right now. I'm running somewhat bad and want to stay fresh and maintain interest in the game. After talking over a few hands with Todd (bigt) over our sexy valentines day phone rendezvous I realized 2 things

1. Although I think I'm playing suboptimally I'm running bad. Over all the 10 or so HH's I went over my lines and the reasoning behind them were all good.

2. Talking over hands helps maintain my confidence and reminds me why I make certain plays

I would like to maintain this state of mind as well as help some other players with their quest for poker pwnage.

My plan is to take on a Pasterbatoresque review group. I'm going to be in LA for the next week for the LAPC but would ideally like to have the group set by the end of it.

Over my last 75k hands here are my approximate stats
600 NL 20k hands @6.5 PTB
1000 NL 45K hands @5 PTB
2000 NL 7k @ 5PTB
5000 NL 3k@ 3 PTB

I was also a 5+ptb/100 winner at 2/4 but don't have the stats on my current computer

The details
1. The group will be composed of 3-4 STTFers who are somewhat well known and who play/would like to play between 1-2 and 3-6 NL (2-4 and 3-6 would be better as I have more hands at these levels).
2. The sessions will be in groups. This was once again an idea that Jason came up with. I sat in on one of his sessions that seemed to go very well.
3. The group would meet 1 or 2 times a week for an hour or two when everyone is free.
4. I'm not going to provide any backing like Paster did. Once I get some interest we can discuss further details along these lines
5. If your interested post age/poker experience/anything else you think I should know
5+1. Yes I know this all sounds familiar and I give Jason mad props for this general idea. Constantly reviewing/analyzing hands and situations will make you a better player and the way Jason set it was was fantastic IMO. I'm just glad he let me steal his idea.

If I don't choose you chances are I still love you unless your in my family/from Toronto in which case I probably hate you.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:49 PM

Default Re: OT- Giving Back, thanks for the idea Paster :)

* Velocity raises hand

I'm taking a break at the moment, but 2 weeks from now I will definitely be interested. I'll type up #5 sometime later when I don't have to copy/paste everytime I have to use the letter n.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:52 PM

Default Re: OT- Giving Back (thanks for the idea Paster :) )

Sounds like a wonderful idea.

Poker Experience: Started playing October '05, basically won at everything at a decent clip from the start. Really enjoy playing/studying/talking about poker. Have played $114s and 2/4 NL at my peak, but due to rust/cashing out most of my roll don't quite feel comfortable at those stakes right now.

Anything else: Well I live in Sydney, Australia, but I don't think it will be a problem scheduling-wise since I wake up pretty early and have too much free time. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] That's all I can think of.

I'd really like to get into this. I'd like to play at higher stakes and some advice/guidance is probably just what I need. I think I could contribute my share.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:53 PM

Inyaface was a guest lecturer in one of the lessons for me, futuredoc, and alreturnslol. He really knows his stuff and explains things well.

It's cool that you are doing this too, and I reccomend any STTFer who has serious interest in cash take this up.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:59 PM

Inyaface = the nutz at poker.

This will be huuuge for anyone who gets chosen. He can really talk cards - he knows his [censored].

FWIW, he didnt mention this in the above post, but if anyone needs help bubbling a major live event, Max can coach you in that...free of charge probably.
[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

j/k anyone and everyone should be jumping on this offer.

-The Originator.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:02 AM

I am interested and I think I meet most of your conditions. I am trying to learn NL, I am playing $25NL... but "would like" to play the higher limits.

I work a lot and am married so weekends (Fri night through Sun night) work best for me. Weeknight meetings could be tough depending on work, but I expect work to be slower in March (I am in accounting), but I never know for sure.

Age 34, started playing about 2 1/2 years ago b/c Guys from work played and got me hooked, I read books for 3 months, while playing play money, then I deposited money and slowly lost $1600 over next 10 months until a nice 2+2 guy coached me for free (I did not ask, he volunteered)! Have not made a deposit since. I basically go from $100 to $1000 and bounce back and forth. But I think most of the killer down swings were to due moving up to win it back quickely in stead of dropping down. I have not done that in a while (been over 6 months)... I basically play as a hobby, b/c all the time I can afford. I study HH, post hands, read 2+2, read books probably 8 hours a week and play 13 hours a week. That is my story...
Old 02-15-2007, 12:03 AM

If you'd like I could coach you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Seriously though good idea I'm sure their are a lot of people who would benefit from this.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This will be huuuge for anyone who gets chosen. He can really talk cards - he knows his [censored].

FWIW, he didnt mention this in the above post, but if anyone needs help bubbling a major live event, Max can coach you in that...free of charge probably.

-The Originator.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually I'm going to LA to teach a guest lecture on bubbling live tourneys. They plan on catching me in action at least once and twice if their lucky. If I don't bubble I need to explain to all the "in the money donks" that the reason I didn't bubble is variance
Old 02-15-2007, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

-The Originator.

[/ QUOTE ]
He can also coach at tilt control and not breaking things.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:24 AM

I'm 28, I enjoy long moonlit walks on the beach and eating room service cheeseburgers on tab of THE Alan Sass. I've been playing poker seriously for a little over 2 years, pro for 1.
If you choose me, I promise to run better in bowling and life. I also will use my winnings to repay "newmann" for the lap dance I stole.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] noodleman

P.S. In high school I was voted most likely to be Canadian by my classmates.