Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 10:25 PM

Default AK multiway raised pot

No reads on villian 1, villain who raised is a
35/21/5.8 lag. I havent seen him pull anything like this bfeore in a multiway pot, only note on him was from an earier session where he attempted to 2-barrel me

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $79.05
UTG+1: $50
CO: $50
Button: $49.25
SB: $50.25
BB: $49.60

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($8, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $7</font>, CO calls, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $21</font>, Hero ??
Old 02-14-2007, 10:33 PM

Default Re: AK multiway raised pot

Rough one. Sucks that you got so many callers preflop. Heads up, I'm probably pushing against this type of player. With the CO calling... it changes things up. They might just have a draw, but they might also be slowplaying 33 or 88. I would probably call, see what the CO does, and then re-evaluate the turn.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rough one. Sucks that you got so many callers preflop. Heads up, I'm probably pushing against this type of player. With the CO calling... it changes things up. They might just have a draw, but they might also be slowplaying 33 or 88. I would probably call, see what the CO does, and then re-evaluate the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

If im willing to call this flop, then im playing for stacks, either now or on a non-H turn.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:41 PM

I stack off HU gladly but this is pretty much an instafold for me. He's showing a ton of strength here once you get called by CO, the only big draw out is 3+flush draw, and this is a hella weird line for him to take with a draw anyway.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If im willing to call this flop, then im playing for stacks, either now or on a non-H turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dunno, I'd have a difficult time laying this down considering the stats of the raiser. That's just me. Then again, I lose a lot of ching because of this mentality.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:00 AM

He's putting in half of his stack on the flop. That's quite a big bet for a lag. And there is a caller. That would be an enormous semi-bluff for a flushdraw. Would he play a worse king like this? With CO still in the hand. I think it's very doubtfull. I fold this.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:41 AM

Such a player is usually active when have position on you, if he call preflop this means that have something from pocket pairs to sc.
He reraise your pot-size raise after seen another player calling: mmmmmm..... or has the stones to try a great bluff or he's protecting his hands against the other player flush draw and hope to win here the hand.
Why to risk so much when you are not sure to be ahead?
Fold.
BTW: He doesn't fear that you have pocket Kings (possible after your raises UTG) .... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2007, 07:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($8, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $7</font>, &gt;&gt;&gt;CO calls, &lt;&lt;&lt; SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $21</font>, Hero ??

[/ QUOTE ]

You're done. Fold.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I stack off HU gladly but this is pretty much an instafold for me. He's showing a ton of strength here once you get called by CO, the only big draw out is 3+flush draw, and this is a hella weird line for him to take with a draw anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't this be a good line for a Axh ? let the aggressor CB and then when you get the caller...big raise/allin. You get fold equity, like we saw, and even if you get called by the CO there is a chance where he desperately calls on worse Hearts or kq which leaves your ace good also.