Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 07:26 PM

Default 55 - How\'s my line?

My thinking was this:
Fairly loose table at the time, so I figured if I limp with the 5's hoping to hit my set. Because I didn't hit the set, and the pot was 5.5 SB I put in one SB to make it 6.5 and if he raises that's 8.5 SB so I'd have the odds to hit my 5 on the turn. If it didn't hit I'd give up. Was my line OK doing that?

And a little background, I've played a ton of hands with villian, and he does not get out of line one bit because he was so passive. At the time I put him on AKo because if he had a PP like QQ he would not raise me on the flop. Because of the flop raise, I knew he'd bet the turn and therefore I check raised him.

Villian is 20.71/4.56/.47/2430

Ultimate Bet
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1./$2
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is UTG+1 with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, Hero calls, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 raises</font>, 4 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5.5SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4.75BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (8.75BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>...

Results:
Final pot: 12.75BB
Old 02-14-2007, 07:35 PM

Default Re: 55 - How\'s my line?

c/f the flop. This is a spot where you can ALMOST fold to the pfr.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:36 PM

I hope you were planning on C/F that turn with his stats. Otherwise, nice.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:38 PM

PF limp went wrong when you got reraised by 1 player. That's an easy fold.

On the flop, what range of hands do you put BB on that he bets and you beat? Fold again.

You hit your miracle on the turn so git your raising rock out.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:44 PM

I would have check folded the turn if I didn't hit because of his obvious passiveness. It was something new I wanted to try and I don't think I'll be doing it for obvious reasons, because it'd take a massive amount of luck even with the odds to get it.

The range I put him on was AK, AA, and QQ. I've seen him play other mid pocket pairs and AJ AQ in late position not raising.

And if anyone is wondering the results
<font color="white"> I actually lost, he had JJ and hit his set on the river, it didn't make any sense to me with his play on the raise flop bet turn because I played a massive number of hands on him.</font>

Edited for the range of hands..
Old 02-14-2007, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(The results) didn't make any sense to me with his play on the raise flop bet turn because I played a massive number of hands on him

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm. Maybe he's got a read that you bet out light in this situation?? If you've played a massive number of hands with him, after all, he's played a massive number of hands with you, too.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...because I didn't hit the set, and the pot was 5.5 SB I put in one SB to make it 6.5 and if he raises that's 8.5 SB so I'd have the odds to hit my 5 on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since when is 8.5:1 enough to call with at 2-outer? This is absurdly bad. Easy flop check-fold.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PF limp went wrong when you got reraised by 1 player. That's an easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a horrible fold against anyone! You're getting 4.5:1 on your call. I call this everytime in this situation. This guy happens to be very tight w/ his PFR range after a pretty good sample, but it is still an easy call IMO. Even if we KNOW he has AA, this call is good (we're only a 4:1 dog against AA). The implied odds alone on hitting your set make it worth while.

OP, I check fold this flop. You stated that you put hm on AK. Why that hand exactly? I don't understand why you donk into him if you feel that is what he has?

If he is the type that will fold JJ or QQ to your donk an extraordinarily large amount of time (&gt;80%), then it may be something to think about, but probably not.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(The results) didn't make any sense to me with his play on the raise flop bet turn because I played a massive number of hands on him

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm. Maybe he's got a read that you bet out light in this situation?? If you've played a massive number of hands with him, after all, he's played a massive number of hands with you, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he also knows that if you had a hand like KJs, you would c/r the flop instead of donking it.

Looks to me like he played his hand perfect up until he called your turn c/r, but that is still up for debate. I wonder what his read is on you?
Old 02-14-2007, 08:50 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

This might be the worst played hand ever (by both parties). I'm not real keen on the flop bet though it is debatable at least. Gotta fold to the flop raise though I would check/fold the flop. His call of the turn check/raise is terrible and I think his flop raise sucks too.