Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 05:24 PM

Default Finding a good wingman....

Why are so many people awful at playing this role?

Since moving to the DC area 1.5yrs ago, I have YET to find a decent person to hit up the bars with that won't make an ass of themselves (and me).

How hard is it to make fun casual conversation and be flirty?

Some tips for you idiots out there who are [censored] blocking your friends:

(1) Keep it casual and friendly
(2) Don't overly pressure girls or you come off as creepy
(3) Don't try to "talk me up" to the girl by making lame hyped up statements. Learn some damn subtlety.
(4) Know when to leave us alone. Don't cling to our side.
(5) Don't try to dominate the conversation because you think you are funny
(6) Don't wink at the girl in a way implying that you know we're going to hook up and you think it's funny.

While it's usually the guys that never get girls that make these mistakes, some of the people who do better still don't know when to butt out.

Please share stories of times when wingmen have cockblocked you, or times when they've hooked you up bigtime.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:47 PM

Default Re: Finding a good wingman....

[ QUOTE ]
Why are so many people awful at playing this role?

Since moving to the DC area 1.5yrs ago, I have YET to find a decent person to hit up the bars with that won't make an ass of themselves (and me).

Some tips for you idiots out there who are [censored] blocking your friends:

(1) Keep it casual and friendly
(2) Don't overly pressure girls or you come off as creepy
(3) Don't try to "talk me up" to the girl by making lame hyped up statements. Learn some damn subtlety.
(4) Know when to leave us alone. Don't cling to our side.
(5) Don't try to dominate the conversation because you think you are funny
(6) Don't wink at the girl in a way implying that you know we're going to hook up and you think it's funny.

While it's usually the guys that never get girls that make these mistakes, some of the people who do better still don't know when to butt out.

Please share stories of times when wingmen have cockblocked you, or times when they've hooked you up bigtime.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very true. It is very hard to find a good wingman to hit on girls with. I have more cockblocked stories than hooked up bigtime stories, but they are all the same. The best hookup story is my buddy Mike. He seems to get all the girls attracted to him, but he's married so he just spends all his time trying to get all his buddies laid now.

Well we're at a bar in DC and we see a group of 3 girls. One of them is a knockout, and the other 2 are not too bad either. He turns to me and tells me he's gonna get me laid by that hot chick over there. I laugh as I think he's joking and he just says to everyone follow my lead.

So we all follow him as he goes towards the girl. He starts pretending to stumble around, goes up to the really hot chick, whispers something in her ear (to which she gave him a disgusted look), and he walks away. We all follow him and I ask him what he said. He told me that he said to her: "You're not as hot as you think you are hunny." I didn't really believe he said that, but then he tells me to go over there and apologize for "my drunk friend". My 2 other friends come along to intercept the other 2 girls.

I walk over to the girl and apologize for Mike. She says its ok and we start talking for a little while. I ask her out of curiosity what he said to her, and she told me the same thing he said to me. I had to hold back from laughing, but I made some comment that she really is hot and he must be really drunk to say something as stupid as that. She dug it up.

We talked for the last 45 minutes the bar was open. As it was closing, she invited me and my other 2 friends back to her place with her and her friends to drink after the bar, and I ended up hooking up with her that night.

That was the first I'd seen of Mike's "plans" to hook his friends up, but we call him The Wiz sometimes for his successfulness hooking up his friends.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just about the hardest thing on Earth.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:50 PM

CappyAA,

More stories please.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:54 PM

I have a friend that is great at talking to ladies and isn't afraid to talk to the hottest chick in the place. The problem is he's a horrible wingman. He spends so much time working his game and talking that I end up looking like his retarded mute friend. Plus, he'll keep working on the hotter one of a pair even when it's obvious she's not into him, never giving me a chance to take her. He violates several of your rules every time. I can totally work with him and get something going if he'd just reign it in a bit and let it flow, but he's talks more than anyone I know and can't shut up for more than a minute at a time.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:55 PM

I have a friend that likes fat girls but only while drunk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. This works great because he can intercept a fat girl and I can go for the hot friend that fat girls usually come with.

However this may not be optimal strategy since he seems to get laid a little more than me.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a friend that likes fat girls but only while drunk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. This works great because he can intercept a fat girl and I can go for the hot friend that fat girls usually come with.

However this may not be optimal strategy since he seems to get laid a little more than me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please send him out with me. My roommates have nicknamed me 'Tollhouse' because the big girls always try to go after me in the bars.

Why I don't understand, as I'm a fairly skinny guy and don't initiate conversation with them.

I'd happily redirect them to your friend.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please send him out with me. My roommates have nicknamed me 'Tollhouse' because the big girls always try to go after me in the bars.

Why I don't understand, as I'm a fairly skinny guy and don't initiate conversation with them.

I'd happily redirect them to your friend.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I have a skinny buddy who draws fat chicks to him too.

Although he did start putting maple syrup in his hair after the movie Wedding Crashers came out, so we think they're just turned on by the smell of pancakes.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:33 PM

I have this problem too. For me it is more that my wingmen attracts the girl
Old 02-14-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have this problem too. For me it is more that my wingmen attracts the girl

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll run into this problem when I'm out with my friends that are man-pretty. This is the typical situation.

2 females, one is a 7, the other is an 8.
- both girls want man-pretty friend
- friend only wants 8 girl and has no interest in 7 girl
- 7 girl doesn't give up on friend, and I am annoyed, because i'd happily take her down.