Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 03:13 AM

Default 2/5 Live KK on an ugly flop multiway

The game has been very loose. A raise to $35 scares noone, and one guy(MP1) has raised very loosely and called big reraises preflop(or limp called 125 preflop) and mucked the flop. Been pretty aggro overall. MP2 is a donk through and through and MP3 is cally loose as well.

4 limpers to me, and I make it $50 with KK out of the BB and a $700 stack. limpers all call. Should I be making it more than $50? I havent played live much, but I haven't won any pots since I have sat down, and have raised a few times preflop and had to muck in a multiway pot when I missed.

Flop is an ugly 874 with 2 spades. Pot is $250. I check, figuring that it is a dangerous flop, and that based on the action behind me, I can figure out what to do, and since MP1 will be anypiece/anydraw, as will MP2, it is unlikely to be checked around.

UTG checks and MP1 bets $150, MP2 calls $150. MP3 goes allin for $110. Now I jam for $650. I beat MP1 90%(unless he flopped 2 pair), and I beat MP2 100%, since he raises 2pair or better. Like the whole hand or hate it?

-Jason
Old 02-14-2007, 03:26 AM

Default Re: 2/5 Live KK on an ugly flop multiway

Sounds like you may have gotten more than you asked for but I don't see how you can let it go now. When you're playing in the ATC game you are forced to gamble. There's a 10% chance you're drawing dead to 2 outs here but for the price you can't lay it down.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The game has been very loose. A raise to $35 scares noone

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
4 limpers to me, and I make it $50 with KK out of the BB and a $700 stack. limpers all call. Should I be making it more than $50?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have the answer right there. Guys are willing to call $125 preflop. So make it $75 here. KK don't play well multi way and with 4 limpers you are bound to have some of them come along.

[ QUOTE ]
I havent played live much

[/ QUOTE ]

Passive monkeys will payoff with much less then online monkeys in general. Plus if one person calls a raise everyone else feels as though they are getting priced in to call. Funny but true.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop is an ugly 874 with 2 spades.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that ugly. Sure it is fairly drawy but the chances that you were outflopped is minimal unless they flopped a set or precisely 87.

[ QUOTE ]
Pot is $250. I check, figuring that it is a dangerous flop, and that based on the action behind me, I can figure out what to do

[/ QUOTE ]

Gross. Unless your intentions are to c/r all in from the start I hate this. Having your opponents bet at this pot will tell you nothing. Lots of draws and they can easily stack off with as little as A8-98 and maybe even A7 if they are true monkeys.

[ QUOTE ]
and since MP1 will be anypiece/anydraw, as will MP2, it is unlikely to be checked around.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you answered it yourself. A c/r is ideal here.

[ QUOTE ]
Like the whole hand or hate it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure where your line of thinking is at. Are you planning on c/r flop with confidence as having the best of it or with the attitude of [censored] it...down with the ship? By your analysis you are checking cause you hate the flop and want to gauge things. Then everybody shows interest and then you decide that they all have worse then you and you shove....confused. As long as you get it in here then I guess you played it fine.

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-16-2007, 12:08 AM

My plan was to c/r the flop allin unless I felt like I was beat. I felt that if I bet 250 on the flop, I could get called in 3 spots on that dangerous board. I feel like betting was the best way to tie one or more person to no hand or weak draw. If MP1 fires out 250, and everyone else folds, hes going to call me with any pair...

Also, since it is awkward to open shove the flop there, I felt like it was better to let them put some money in there and have them fold.

Anyhow, UTG flopped a set and called my allin. MP1 thought forever before mucking an 8, and MP2 reluctantly laid down 86. If UTG didn't flop a set and MP1 calls, I think I would have gotten the result I was looking for.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:18 AM

Honestly, as weak tight as it may be, I think I lay this down on the flop after checking it and seeing all that action. Can you honestly put all 3 guys on 3 separate hands that you are all beating? I think it is asking too much. If they are this bad, you can choose better spots to get your money in at this table. (about 3 minutes later)

Find a better spot.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:38 AM

It sounds like you played it well, except UTG got in the way. I think there may be some benefits to just putting out a potsized bet on the flop, and see if anyone pushes. If you have a tight image, the only hand that someone could do this with that doesn't have u beat is a straight and flush draw type hand. This way you escape with half your stack if there is too much heat.