Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2006, 05:29 PM

Default Sonics fire Weiss

Linkage

Thank [censored] God. The guy is [censored] clueless. I couldn't take seeing his totally bewildered expression on the sidelines for one more game. It is not like the team is going anywhere this year, but they should be better than 13-17.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Sonics fire Weiss

interesting....

This is probably the right move. If they kept Weiss, they would probably lead the league in scoring, and still lose 45-50 games. He is just too offensive minded. I also thought some of Weiss' decisions, as far as PT for players was way off. I want to see Radmon get more PT and Flip get less. Its pretty obvious when you watch Sonics games that when Flip is in, the offense gets sluggish, and he does not play D.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
interesting....

This is probably the right move. If they kept Weiss, they would probably lead the league in scoring, and still lose 45-50 games. He is just too offensive minded. I also thought some of Weiss' decisions, as far as PT for players was way off. I want to see Radmon get more PT and Flip get less. Its pretty obvious when you watch Sonics games that when Flip is in, the offense gets sluggish, and he does not play D.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was visiting family in Bellingham and was able to go to the Mavericks game. Flip singlehandidly wiped out the Sonics 12 point lead in the 4th quarter. He got the ball 5 tims in the half court and shot 5 rediculous shots. I keep hearing rumors about them trading him for a PG so heres hoping.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I keep hearing rumors about them trading him for a PG so heres hoping.

[/ QUOTE ] They don't need to trade for a PG, unless it is another Antonio Daniels type of PG. Luke should be starting.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:44 PM

Bob Hill is saying a lot of things I am happy to hear. Not sure how effective it will be, but some changes he is making-

Starting Radmanovic
Starting Ridnour
Taking Potapenko out of the rotation (he is inactive)
Activating and playing Petro and Swift

Hill isn't afraid to be unpopular, which was part of Weiss's problem IMHO. Still not sure they will go anywhere this year, but playing the young guys will help them down the road.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:13 PM

ridnour is awesome. he just needs to keep away from shooting. just get 10 assists (give it to ray ray) and 10 steals a game. i dont mind his turnovers since he gets so many assists.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:03 PM

yeah looking at his first game as coach, I like almost everything I see, except I would rather see Wilkins get more PT and Murray get less.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:41 PM

Way overdue imo. It was abundantly clear that the Sonic weren't playing any defense far before this. I like his Petro/Swift moves a lot. Hate the Ridnour move. The guy is so ridiculously overrated and loved by white people. He's only OK as a playmaker, not fast/athletic enough, not a good shooter. Murray should start but be told to only drive and shoot wide open jumpers. Evans didn't get any PT in the first game either and I'm not sure why. Unless he was injured that's a big mistake.

edit: by white people I mean my white Sonics fan friends.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hate the Ridnour move. The guy is so ridiculously overrated and loved by white people. He's only OK as a playmaker, not fast/athletic enough, not a good shooter

[/ QUOTE ] why does he need to be a good shooter?

I see ray, rashard, and vladi.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bob Hill is saying a lot of things I am happy to hear. Not sure how effective it will be, but some changes he is making-

Starting Radmanovic
Starting Ridnour
Taking Potapenko out of the rotation (he is inactive)
Activating and playing Petro and Swift

Hill isn't afraid to be unpopular, which was part of Weiss's problem IMHO. Still not sure they will go anywhere this year, but playing the young guys will help them down the road.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ridnour started every game last year and this year until he got hurt. How is this a change?