Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2007, 11:31 AM

Default 6/12 O8 at The Bike, any thoughts on this game?

I saw the 6/12 O8 at The Bike from my table a few weeks ago. I was facing this game and could see the players but not the action. The game looked short on players on and off and several players didn't have too many chips on the table.

Does anyone have some experience with this game there? I saw they were playing with what looked like $2 chips, correct? Blinds are what, $2/$6 or $4/$6? Drop is $5+$1? Is this reasonable for this limit? Do they ever get more than one game going at this level? Does Commerce have the same game at this limit? What should my buy-in at this game be? $300, $500, different amount?

TIA
Old 02-13-2007, 12:22 PM

Default Re: 6/12 O8 at The Bike, any thoughts on this game?

Commerce games are 3/6 and 4/8 both with full kills at $40 and $60 pots. Not only is the game going constantly, there is often a long wait for a short list of tables. With the tournament season, the board is up in the Galleria area.

Two sessions ago at 3/6 we had a # of kill pots where 5 people would in PF capped. $250+ pots at a "3/6" game. Fasten your safety belt and get ready to rumble! LAP games are more common. It all depends on the cast of local "characters" at your table. I buy in for just $100 but have more cash at the ready.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:30 PM

$2 chips, $2/$6 blinds, full kill. On weekends they can get a couple of tables going, but on weekdays it doesn't always run at night. The wait for 3/6 at both The Bike and Commerce is horrible. Easily an hour on weekends, since people never get up and they don't open more tables. However, this also means that when there is finally a seat open, they get through half the board before they find someone still around.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:54 PM

I doubt you are going to find a great O8 game at the bike. Too many old timer nits camp out at those tables.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:26 PM

I know what you mean about the O8 board at Commerce. 4 hours on the board and only one person was called to the game and I was still stitting 3rd on the list.

I wanted to move up in limit to escape the $4+$1 drop on the 4/8 HE tables and because I am a little better at O8 than HE.

What is the next limit that Commerce spreads for this game if any?
Old 02-14-2007, 06:10 AM

i think the next limit is 20/40 or 50/100. commerce supposedly has 6/12 sometimes, or at least it used to be on the boards, and a small interest list would always go but ive only seen it actually go once.

i actually prefer the hustler's 3/6 for O/8 over commerce's 3/6 or 4/8... lower rake, one blind, comp card, better food, better dealers, nicer tables. i really notice a big difference in the speed of the game at hustler, partly because of the dealers and partly because its the same crappy regulars there all the time...so you also know how they play
Old 02-14-2007, 10:46 AM

I have been to Hustler once and that is the game I played in. Best described as 5 angry Italians and rotating drunks in the other seats. I enjoyed the conversation at the table and made a few bucks too.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:32 PM

4/8 O/8 w/ a full kill is the highest O/8 game I know of at Commerce. In LHE it skips from 4/8 to 9/18. The 6/12 board still exists, but I haven't seen more than a couple of "interest" names on it and have never heard that game called.