Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2007, 08:53 AM

Default all tilt, all the time

i usally play small stakes short handed online and this is what happens everytime. i usally play tight/agg and generally win but 1 or 2 bad beats and i move up "get even".
then i lose more. i just can't seem to totally control myself. actually i think just admitting it might help thats all. any suggestions will be appreciated but my point here is addmitting it more than anything
Old 02-13-2007, 11:12 AM

Default Re: all tilt, all the time

I'm assuming you understand variance so i won't waste my time telling you about how bad beats are good for you etc.

the only cure i had for tilt was by going on tilt like a mad man. I needed a big loss to teach me that tilt does no good and to programme it into my brain that even when you are running incredibly badly don't tilt.

It worked for me, and i'm not recommending it as it can do more harm than good, but if your losing a huge amount it may be worth considering "punishing" yourself as in the long run you won't tilt.

Dangerous advice i know but it worked for me and i virtually never tilt anymore and at the first sign of tilt i now have the control to stop playing immediately. Something which i simply was not capable of doing until this.

I'm sure i'll get berated for this advice, but severe problems require drastic action.