Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2006, 02:47 AM

Default 2/4 QQ reraised by tight raiser

How you deal with situation when in pot you get few limpers and then raise with high poket pair and are reraised by tight raiser? fold at some point or call down or what?

villain is 17/2.2/0.47 after 80 hands
limpers are loose and agressive

Party Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $2/$4
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#cc3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, 3 folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (16SB, 5 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc3333">MP2 raises</font>, SB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (11BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#cc3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, UTG calls.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (17BB, 3 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, UTG folds.

Results:
Final pot: 19BB
Old 02-10-2006, 03:02 AM

Default Re: QQ reraised by tight raiser

My thoughts:

Cap preflop. You have the third best starting hand and there's lots of dead money in that pot. Consider three-betting the flop for the same reason. It's a draw heavy board, so make them pay through their noses. If MP2 caps it, slow down on the turn.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:29 AM

Location: 9 to 5ing it the hard way.. but I am out of the house and meeting people.

cap preflop. 3 bet the flop and then call down if MP2 continues his aggression.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:54 AM

80 hands isn't a lot for this sort of thing, but once MP2 (who does seem passive postflop) pops you on the flop, you're praying for JJ or for two big diamonds (even though they'll often outdraw you) or that MP2 simply falls in love with pocket pairs like 66 but hasn't been getting his share lately. Or you're hoping that when he finally gets AK/AA/KK, he plays them like the nuts, and this time he has AK.

Any read on UTG? That turn donk is worrisome. But I guess maybe it's A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or something. (Or maybe it's just a draw; I see now that he folded the river.)

If you won this hand, you won more than I would have, probably.

The whole hand is difficult, because there's a really, really good chance MP2 has you beat, but the flop is also very coordinated, and some sort of hand protection, if possible, would be nice, if you happen to be best, but you're also OOP versus the tight-passive guy and if he actually raises you your chances of being best just went way down.

Tough hand. Capping preflop is an option, and I probably would have. But based on the limited evidence you have, just calling the 3-bet doesn't seem so bad.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:10 AM

UTG was 72/11/0.8 about 50-60 hands also WtSD was 45%

those other ppl in hand worried me(utg + two others). I suspected that villain has high pair or AKs AQs and decided to bet at flop and hope he would raise and others would leave so I could check/call rest of hand. Didn't work like that.

Would that line be good if those other ppl would have folded?
Old 02-10-2006, 05:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
UTG was 72/11/0.8 about 50-60 hands also WtSD was 45%

those other ppl in hand worried me(utg + two others). I suspected that villain has high pair or AKs AQs and decided to bet at flop and hope he would raise and others would leave so I could check/call rest of hand. Didn't work like that.

Would that line be good if those other ppl would have folded?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.