Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2007, 06:04 PM

Default QQ against known oponent

I know villian in this hand as a solid aggresive player, and think that he does not like to be pushed around.
I have been playing semiloose and aggresive, but never shown a bluff or gotten out of line. Villain sees a as a fairly good player also.

here is the hand:

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1</font>, BB calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($2, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1.25</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $3.75</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($9.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $6</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero..?</font>

as a sidenote the bet on the turn was almost instant after i checked.

What is your action on the turn? and how do you think villain will react with different hands in his range?
Old 02-12-2007, 06:30 PM

Default Re: QQ against known oponent

I think you should have 3-bet the flop. It's SB/BB and you have a LAGGY image vs. a smart player. His raise does not necesarily indicate strength, but it could well be a flush draw. I'd have made it $10 on the flop, planning to call a a push. He might make a big mistake and go broke with just an eight there, too.

Based on his instabet on the turn, I'd put him on a draw, but unfortunately, the main flush draw hit. I'd call that turn bet, push a club river, and c/f to a non-club. The reason I'd call getting 2.5:1 on the turn is (1) you have nice implied odds to stack a smaller flush, (2) you have a lot of outs to beat a set, and (3) He may not have the stones to fire the third barrel with air. The only danger is that he turned the NUTS, but that's a small worry and I don't think he'd bet nearly that amount and def. not an instabet if he held the nuts on the turn.