Old 02-12-2007, 02:36 PM

Default Common situation

1. folds to you on the SB, BB is tight, blinds-75/150, typical top 3 payout
BB: 1960
SB: 1985
BTN: 3460
CO: 6730
CO+1: 865

SNGPT says push>fold but it breaks the 10BB rule.

I saw this hand on a cardrunner video and the guy folded it right away. I was like wtf... My ROI has dropped from 10% (big sample size too) to 6 % recently and have no idea what I'm doing wrong. It seems like I'm pushing a lot more than regulars with good 10%+ rois. This is a hand I would shove easily btw.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Common situation

what range are BB on?... if he's tight (10%) you can do it with any two cards....

As for ROI dropping => you are playing against more good players than before and you have to survive more coinflips...
Old 02-12-2007, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Common situation

I am not pushing this with ATC or even the top 80%.

Yes, SNGPT says pushing is +EV for a reasonable calling range. However, I know this push is not profitable when your opponent calls you with 65s. You should run this through SNGPT to find the calling range that makes this neutral or -EV.

Making pushes this early has a big negative consequence. Your opponents will start loosening their calling ranges against your pushes now, as opposed to later. Which will cut into the profits of your later pushes. These early pushes will give your opponents the idea that you are stealing pots in late postion w/ weak holdings. You are giving them the information they need to play correctly against you in the late game.

I went through this myself. SOME players started calling my level 5 pushes w/ K7 and JTo on the regular. I was loosing a ton of value, and breaking even through a 500 gm stretch. You must pass on these small edges, save your "image", and pwn the later stages when the blinds significantly increase or when you have a shorter stack.