Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2007, 07:10 AM

Default explain tiltware/full tilt connection/FTP PROS

What is the official connection between both of these companies?? One thing ive heard is howard lederer and chris ferguson are 2 part or significant owners of the site. Ferguson hardly plays for real money/he plays on the play money tables. Ive never seen Lederer play on the site. Is this a conflict of interest for these 2?? Yet ivey is also an owner supposedly but plays or used to alot on the site.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:10 PM

Default Re: explain tiltware/full tilt connection/FTP PROS

tiltware is licensed to fulltilt. howard is the president and runs tiltware on a daily basis. that is why you don't see him play often anymore, and likely why he doesn't play for money on the site (if he doesn't). chris wrote the original software, is an exec, and i think he is still the largest shareholder in tiltware. fulltilt is now located in ireland and became an irish company last year.
the pros, are paid a monthly fee to endorse the site, some are even given a small hourly fee to play. several of fulltilt's pros, and other pros own shares on tiltware. they often sell and resell them to each other, and others too. you could purchase shares if you knew someone who owned some.
none of them own any of the site, only the software. the two are separate companies.
fulltilt encourages the pros to play for marketing.
the only conflict would be if they had someone at the servers in ireland telling them the cards seconds before they showed up. i can't imagine that would happen the site is worth too much not to have top security in place. it is more likely that on any site, some hourly computer tech would have a friend that he gives info too. but i think that would be caught if they did it too much or for a lot of money. "normal" collusion is even more likely from non employees. the larger sites, fulltilt, party,stars, etc., have so much to lose if the games are not clean that they spend tremendous amounts on security. you are likely far safer from cheating online them playing live.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:07 PM

Where did you get all this information from, amulet? Most of it sounds credible, but I find it hard to believe that Chris Ferguson wrote the software. Yes, he does have a degree in computer science, but writing software like this takes a lot of know-how and would probably take one person quite a while to write it.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:14 PM

chris had help, but he wrote much of it. the entire dea was his too.

i am friends with a lot of the people involved in fulltilt. the information is all correct.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:33 PM

i thought perry friedman wrote the software?
Old 02-12-2007, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i am friends with a lot of the people involved in fulltilt. the information is all correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say it's 80% correct.

I don't think Chris has ever said he "wrote" FullTilt. He worked on some of the RNG and such since that's an area of his expertise.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:15 PM

yeah, 80% correct is more like it.

Howard is not the official president anymore, although you still have to go through him to get anything done.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think Chris has ever said he "wrote" FullTilt. He worked on some of the RNG and such since that's an area of his expertise.

[/ QUOTE ]

30% Chris Ferguson, 70% Perry Friedman, 5% Phil Ivey
Old 02-12-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

30% Chris Ferguson, 70% Perry Friedman, 5% Phil Ivey

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil Ivey always seemed like the type of guy who gives 105%.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:01 PM

My understanding is that Chris Ferguson came up with the idea of launching an online poker room at dinner.

I believe that Perry Friedman was the first programmer hired because he was a friend of Ferguson. He has previous experience with online gambling sites.

The last time I saw Lederer, he was signed up to play a freeroll heads up SNG with someone from their forum.