Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2007, 07:56 PM

Default Trip Report: Friend pulls knife on \"supposed\" Bloods

Background info:
So I just moved across the country and got a place with a couple other guys. Both are lieutenants in the marines and we're all in between the ages of 23-27. I'm not a marine BTW. I grew up with one of the guys, Mike, back home and he's one of my best friends. The other one, Chris, I only know through Mike who knows him from the Marines. Seems like a nice guy from the 2 weeks I've known him now, but seems very much into his marine thing and talks about it a ton. Mike on the other hand is more laid back and doesn't like to take his work home w/ him. We're all around 6ft 1' or 2' 185 lbs.

The night:
We live in a pretty cool beach/surf town, but the nightlife is a bit lacking besides the 4 or 5 bars on the main street in town. We decide to take a trip about 40 minutes up north to another town that has better nightlife and a lot of hot, drunk girls. It's a rich town on the water and from one nights experience seems to be filled with what you would expect; hot girls and a lot of rich, white tools.

We get up there around 11 pm and start bar hopping before settling at one place around 12:45 am. Me and Mike are hanging out by the bar while Chris got dragged onto the dancefloor by some older looking chick who isn't too bad. Me and Mike don't see him much the rest of the night. The place is pretty much all white and asian kids except for maybe 2 black kids. One is dancing in front of me and Mike with some ugly chick at one point, and neither have any rhythm so we figure he's just a white black kid.

Flashforward to the end of the night. Around 2 am me and Mike leave the bar/club and are waiting outside for our boy to finish up with this girl. Chris comes outside and starts walking her out of the parking lot down the sidewalk and they settle in outside the parking lot on the sidewalk of a main street and are making out about 70 ft from me and Mike who are standing on the sidewalk just waiitng. As we are waiting we see some tall, lanky kid (looks to be of latin descent) and his 4 boys come up to Chris who has his back turned to them making out with this girl. The kid grabs Chris and starts yelling something about talking [censored] and takes off his jacket and they all surround him with the aforementioned black kid with no rhythm from inside the club who seemingly comes out of nowhere. Me and Mike finally hear what's happening and start to run over.They are about 2 feet away from Chris who starts to flip out and as the tall kid grabs him, Chris disengages him and pulls out his military issued switchblade type thing and flips the [censored] out threatening to carve them up if they touch him. Me and Mike get in the middle and tell him to put the knife away and we'll fight them without it if need be while a few of the other kid's friends start to pull him away before he gets hurt. At this time the black kid who is about 5ft 8 150lbs gets in me and Mike's face and starts saying something about where he's from and he's blood and they're all bloods and starts yelling out all stupid street names and numbers and they have the grips in the trunk if they want to do it like that. So me, being a non-marine, who moved out here just to relax, have fun, and try to [censored] some hot bitches, starts to try to pull my boys away and get to the car to get the [censored] outta there but it's too late. Now my friends start talking [censored] back about their guns and all that nonsense and [censored] starts to escalate again. Some older guy comes up to me at this point and tells me to get my guys out of here before we all get shot and I calm my guys down while our enemies have started to retreat once they realized that they probably started [censored] with the wrong group of white kids. After we get about 50 yards down the street walking away, the black kid and tall latin kid start to run after us pretending like they want some but we stop walking and turn aruond and they stop in their tracks about 30 yards away and just start yelling while letting one guy hold them back.

At this point about 12 cop cars/suvs (no joke) surround us down a sidestreet and some other cop cars go to where the other guys were. We get guns drawn on us by all the cops who threaten to shoot us if we make any sudden moves. Then we get cuffed on the ground, they check out all our ids and see my boys are officers in the marines and end up giving Chris his knife back and letting us go after talking to us for about 30 minutes and checking our backgrounds and finding out what actually happened.

Cliff notes: Beef outside the club, wankstas surround my boy who pulls a knife. Then they are supposedly bloods with guns and both sides start yelling about guns. Then we get cuffed on the ground and searched by the cops, before they let us go and give my boy his knife back since they deemed that we didn't do anything wrong.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:03 PM

Default Re: Trip Report: Friend pulls knife on \"supposed\" Bloods

what city is this? did they take in the other guys?
Old 02-11-2007, 08:05 PM

if the other guys said they had guns and marine dudes starting hacking away at them, would they be in the clear because of the threat?

Also, how physically trained are marines for hand to hand combat?
Old 02-11-2007, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what city is this? did they take in the other guys?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather not say what city.

I really don't know what happened to the other guys. By the time they let us go, the streets were empty and we were down a sidestreet in the meantime so we couldn't see them.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They are officers and came into the marines as Lieutenants (aka we got a degree first) so I can't imagine they were given much, if any, hand-to-hand combat training.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if the other guys said they had guns and marine dudes starting hacking away at them, would they be in the clear because of the threat?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess they would be in the clear if they were outnumbered and surrounded. The cops and my friends all seemed to think so and agree.

From what I see and hear from my friends, they are VERY VERY well trained in hand to hand combat. I would never mess with them. I've seen Mike mess up kids on more than one occasion back home.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:20 PM

i enjoyed it. pretty cool.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They are officers and came into the marines as Lieutenants (aka we got a degree first) so I can't imagine they were given much, if any, hand-to-hand combat training.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true. From all the stories they tell me about training and the fighting competitions in their companies, they are very well trained in hand to hand combat.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and pulls out his military issued switchblade type thing and flips the [censored] out

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the Marines carry KaBars, but never heard of them being issued switchblades.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and pulls out his military issued switchblade type thing and flips the [censored] out

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the Marines carry KaBars, but never heard of them being issued switchblades.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't know what it was. My terminology is probably just wrong. It had a knife part that he had out though.