Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2007, 04:44 PM

Default 10-25 Live PLO... Nut Flush Draw

Played a Live PLO game last night and one hand had has me wondering if i played this wrong. These stakes are high for me, so I tend to play tighter than I do at 2-4 and 5-10 online.

Hero has about $4500.00. Villian covers. Villian seems tighter than normal today -and has been fairly aggressive and loose. I am running pretty good today.

I am in the BB with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Villian raises UTG to 75. 2 MP callers. I call in the BB.

$300.00 Pot. Flop 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I check. Villain bets 300.00. 2 MP's fold. I call 300.

$900.00 Pot. Turn. 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Villian bets $900.00. I think for a minute or so and then fold.

I figured a lot of my outs could be dirty if he had a set. A straight seems likely from that board. Plus is he going to pay me off (implied odds) if I do get lucky and spike a river diamond? At the lower stakes online- I probably make this call every single time, but I believe I played this fairly standard. Comments?
Old 02-11-2007, 05:34 PM

Default Re: 10-25 Live PLO... Nut Flush Draw

1) Standard
2) wtf? "Villian seems tighter than normal today -and has been fairly aggressive and loose."
Old 02-11-2007, 09:27 PM

Do you feel the competition in the 5/10 game pays off river diamond there? To me your hand would be pretty face up.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:40 PM

which site are you playing at online? usually at 2/4$ and up i dont call off psb only drawing to nutflush. i might do it(in position) if i am going to bluff if the board pairs or a higher straightening comes which either gives me a higher straight or lets me bluff at it.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:19 PM

it is impossible to say you played it wrong based on the information given.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:34 PM

Fold this hand out of position to a PF raise, A249 is terrible hand even though the Ace is suited IMO...
Old 02-12-2007, 05:52 PM

I don't really like taking the simple passive line with the NFD like this, especially in a 4-way pot. You're giving away way too much info on your hand, letting villian steal whenever you miss and not getting paid at all when you hit unless you're against a set that has close to the right odds to draw. I'd either lead/call on the flop or else C/R. The C/R gives you the best chance to take it down right away, but with stack sizes, it could get awkward if you get repotted on the flop and you really don't want it to check around.

I'd say lead for the pot right away on the flop. If you still get repotted, you can pretty much assume that you're up against the straight, call and steal on any board pairing turn. If you just get called, that means you're usually against a set, so you can pot the turn, and steal on any blank river. The way you played it, you're getting no info on villian's hand and are giving him every opportunity to take the pot away from you when you don't hit one of your 8 perfect cards on the turn.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really like taking the simple passive line with the NFD like this, especially in a 4-way pot. You're giving away way too much info on your hand, letting villian steal whenever you miss and not getting paid at all when you hit unless you're against a set that has close to the right odds to draw. I'd either lead/call on the flop or else C/R. The C/R gives you the best chance to take it down right away, but with stack sizes, it could get awkward if you get repotted on the flop and you really don't want it to check around.

I'd say lead for the pot right away on the flop. If you still get repotted, you can pretty much assume that you're up against the straight, call and steal on any board pairing turn. If you just get called, that means you're usually against a set, so you can pot the turn, and steal on any blank river. The way you played it, you're getting no info on villian's hand and are giving him every opportunity to take the pot away from you when you don't hit one of your 8 perfect cards on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Iggy's line, or fold. implied odds is close to zero here.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it is impossible to say you played it wrong based on the information given.

[/ QUOTE ]

and more importantly this one.