Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2007, 09:23 AM

Default Live Game blinds 25/25

Hi, was yesterday in a live cashgame; blinds 0.25/0.25. The game was eight handed. I was down about 9$. The opponents are stacked each about 50$ something more, something less.

Lets go, I was in the Big Blind with A6c. (played all the evening TAG. Lost the most on several draws, which didnt hit or second best hands. The table is very loose and full of Longball Bluffs and callingstations). Every one limps in, but that was not unusual.

Flop: 5c Qd 7c
SB Check. I Check. The UTG Bets 3$. All Folds to the CO he calls. Button Calls (Extreme Callingstation), SB Calls, Me Calls.

Turn 4s
SB Checks. I Check (I have only almost 6$). UTG Bets 5$ CO folds. Button Folds. SB Folds. I Push all in. He calls 1.

My question. In live poker the sings are a little different as in online poker. Was my push on Turn right because of my 15 outs? Or should I have pushed it ad first ? I recognized that I am in live poker not so aggressive as in online Poker. Is that a fault ? Was my play wrong?
Old 02-11-2007, 09:46 AM

Default Re: Live Game blinds 25/25

When you say A6c I presume you mean both are clubs? If not then ignore this advice.

When it comes back to you on the flop just shove it all in. They are almost certainly calling for what you have left into that pot. You will win 35% of the time with the nfd and you're getting paid off way better than that with so many others in.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:52 AM

Sorry YES Ac6c !
Old 02-11-2007, 10:51 AM

yes the call on the flop is bad your obviously short and have to get your money in there.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:55 AM

I agree given your stack size and your possibly shortened implied odds shoving the flop seems the more profitable way. Obiously given your pot odds on the turn it was correct to shove. Alternatively you could have openshoved the turn. I think that it is more profitable than check raising all in with your stack, cause you create fold equity against hands like TPTK.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:05 AM

Thanks...

Live poker is really different as online poker... not from the way to play hands, but my way of thinking is really different.

I hope with experience I will master it.

To the hand. I think to push all in on the Turn would be much better, because you can represent a made straight with that kind of play. Plus if you get called, you have the 15 Outs.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:18 AM

I really wouldn't worry too much about generating fold equity if you consider how many people made it to the turn. You're not winning without hitting the flush or possibly spiking the A.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:32 AM

Yes thats right.

But to choose the right time for an All-In Move can be very effective. In that case I can create a situation where calling is a more difficult thing to do than to bet instead. And we know, winning the battles of mistakes gain money.