Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2007, 05:10 PM

Default Fing Krantz...KK semi-deep HU 3-6

I've been sitting on Krantz'left for a couple hours now and the table just broke after some dude 5 bet bluffed me all in with 74 after I raised pf with AA.

This session I'm running around 23/19 ish. I'm playing very good poker for the first time in a while because I decided to stop playing 12 tables and actually think about wtf I'm doing.

I'm not sure how Krantz views me...I've 3bet him here and there but we havent played any big pots. He may view me as a bit of a calling station if he remembers the last session I was at his table and made like 3 of the worst calls of my life tilting like a spew monkey.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $3/$6
2 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $18</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $70</font>, SB calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($140, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $110</font>, SB calls.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($360, 2 players)
Hero checks, SB checks.

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($360, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $300</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises all-in $899.75</font>

I was gonna CR a/i on the turn/practice some pot control if he checked behind. I figured I was ahead of a good portion of his range that either bet the turn when checked to or checked behind, while anything that gave me any action if I lead out pretty much smoked me, given that I hadnt been playing like a maniac.

On the river I thought there was a good chance he held a one pair hand he might look me up with. There were some hands I figured he would call a bet with but not vb himself...though I wonder if I should've just check called here.

Thoughts on all streets appreciated.

-moonshine
Old 02-10-2007, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Fing Krantz...KK semi-deep HU 3-6

i bet the turn with 100 bb stacks but not sure how deep you are though i'm guessing you have him covered. i'll think more about riv after you give stacks. at first i liked bet/fold, not i'm not sure
Old 02-10-2007, 05:28 PM

I would be betting $270 on the turn 100% with KK, setting up a 3/4 pot shove on the river.

KK is a super-strong hand on this rag board in a re-raised pot. If you check KK here on the turn you basically need to check everything in order to avoid giving away information. {Set,bluff} is way too narrow a range to have on this board. So plenty of value in a turn bet IMO.

On the river he should have T9 or a bluff (super-thin value with QQ or JJ is possible I suppose.) No way he checks the turn with a set or AA.

So it really comes down to how often you bluff and thin-value-bet river in this situation. If you almost never bluff or thin-value-bet here OOP, you can fold KK because your range is basically {T9s,KK+,set} when you bet.

But since you're good, and you can have a bluff or a thin vb here, you need to call KK.

Yes/no?
Old 02-10-2007, 05:37 PM

he prolly has J8

(that's a bad joke that only he'd get).
Old 02-10-2007, 06:39 PM

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream

I think you are toast. Would he shove QQ on you here?

Looks like a good board to slowplay a flopped set on.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:08 PM

I would bet/instacall the turn. Since you didn't I would check/call river because he rarely will pay off with worse in this spot, and I think that he will often wait until the river to float you on such a dry board (play the fake pot control line on the turn, bomb river). Offcourse he's playing sets this way too, but you are good enough usually to call on the river. This is a really gross spot, and I think its a fold. I think your river bet is too big as well, 220-250 is better imo.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:23 PM

I check for pot control on this turn against some opponents (mostly straightforward playing ones), but here I like a bet, it avoids the situation you are in now on the river, and also gets value out of lower one pair hands and stops him from getting there with some hand he floated the flop with. I also don't really like your river bet size, I'd make it a bit smaller, just my preference I guess, makes it easier to fold to a push and makes it easier for him to call with one pair hands. Not sure what I'd do on the river, I think fold, your line looks like you have exactly what you do, or maybe a bluff or 99, but do you think Krantz thinks you fold KK here? Given read doesn't sound like he would.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:25 PM

I would bet less on the river.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:04 PM

I would bet 225 on river, but your bet is fine. now fold.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:02 PM

Fold now, but I don't like your turn/river play. I probably wouldn't bet the turn, and if I did check it, I'd bet a lot smaller on the river.