Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2007, 04:21 AM

Default Razz Hand- Was I correct to fold third here?

Seat five seemed pretty solid that I have seen so far, but I do not have any reads I had not been at this table very long. With the action and the fact that I had some key dead outs, I thought that folding here was the correct action. This is also why I just called initally. Is my line correct or am I being to weak here? Thanks.
Razz ($0.50/$1.00), Ante $0.05 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 2: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___calls___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Seat 7: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (14.20 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (8.60 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (10.60 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

River - (12.60 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls

Total pot: (14.60 BB)
Old 02-10-2007, 10:38 AM

Default Re: Razz Hand- Was I correct to fold third here?

I don't think so. I know that you're thinking that the 2 and 3 are gone and that you'll have a problem making your hand, but your rivals all have the same problem. It seems to me that either you have their cards, or they are way behind you in the hole. I would at least see 4th -- note that 2 of your 3 rivals missed on 4th.

Unless you know your opponents, don't assume that they are A2 or A3 in the hole.

(Caveat: I only play razz as part of the HORSE cycle, and I'm probably playing against inferior competition, even at the .5/1 level. So I may be giving really bad advice.)
Old 02-10-2007, 05:26 PM

terrible fold, you have 3 to a wheel here, there is no way you fold your hand no matter what the action is. Personally I would have reraised on 3rd to isolate and try to get it heads up, but I can understand your reasoning behind wanting to just call on 3rd since some of your cards are dead. It really doesn't matter how solid seat 5 is, no matter what he has he isn't that big a favorite over you on 3rd street, you need to see 4th street. If you brick 4th street and the action gets heavy then you can fold, but you have to stay in on 3rd here
Old 02-10-2007, 08:53 PM

what hand are you hoping to start with?

Bad fold dude.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:12 PM

There are two dead threes, 1 dead duce, and you how 3 critical cards - A45. I'm not going to lie this might be a tough hand to play if you don't connect on 4th street but you cannot fold - your cards are as live as your opponents..
Old 02-10-2007, 09:19 PM

Are you kidding me?
Old 02-10-2007, 09:58 PM

This is why I asked about this hand. I was very conflicted when I made the fold. I folded as it was 2 bets back to me and I felt pretty sure that seat five was going to cap. Which they did do. I also believed that because of this action that more of my outs were likely dead as they way the action was going. It is unusual to see this kind of action on 3rd street at this level, without it being to monsters going up against each other. I also believed that I was behind and would be getting sandwiched between two better hands. So I thought the correct decision was to get out of the way and wait for a better spot.

Old 02-10-2007, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is why I asked about this hand. I was very conflicted when I made the fold. I folded as it was 2 bets back to me and I felt pretty sure that seat five was going to cap. Which they did do. I also believed that because of this action that more of my outs were likely dead as they way the action was going. It is unusual to see this kind of action on 3rd street at this level, without it being to monsters going up against each other. I also believed that I was behind and would be getting sandwiched between two better hands. So I thought the correct decision was to get out of the way and wait for a better spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think of it this way - if you catch good on 4th, can you think of a better spot? Of course its results oriented thinking, but you would have caught the 7 giving you the best hand on 4th street.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2007, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Think of it this way - if you catch good on 4th, can you think of a better spot? Of course its results oriented thinking, but you would have caught the 7 giving you the best hand on 4th street.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You know better than this TT, as you admit above about results etc. It's a bad fold no matter what card comes next.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:22 PM

I guess my question is that considering I am fairly sure that I will be putting in max bets on 3rd with a hand that I am fairly sure is deader than it appears and most likely behind, should I still see fourth? Then what is my play on 4th? If I made it to fourth should I drop it if I brick and opp catches good, or I am I committed to at least 5th nop matter what falls? Considering how big the pot is already.