Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2007, 03:22 AM

Default Pokerstars:Moneymaker Millions on The Score (Canada).

Scheduled for Saturday Feb. 10th at 2pm eastern time (1 hour) on The Score. Probably with repeat viewings as well.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:51 PM

Default Re: Pokerstars:Moneymaker Millions on The Score (Canada).

It's actually called Pokerstars Moneymaker Millionaire. It's a freeroll for internet players hosted by Canadian Barb Dejiullio and lame announcers, uttering such gems as, "He's running around like a squirrel in traffic" and "That's an Oscar worthy performance or else he's really feeling the pressure". Kill me now.

It's from the Atlantis Paradise Resort in the Bahamas and the 9 handed final table (only U.S.A and Canadian players left) is edited so that most hands are just all-ins so far.

4th place paid $118,000 and first place was paid 1 million. Moneymaker was there to say how much the guys life will change at the end. Thankfully it's over in 1 episode. Ho-hum stuff. Worse than Ultimate Poker Challenge.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:04 PM

Quite possibly the worst poker broadcast I've ever seen. And that's saying something. If I were associated with Pokerstars in any fashion, I'd be ashamed to admit it after this embarrassment.

- The announcers added nothing to the broadcast and in at least one instance called out the wrong outs for a player (Ad Td vs 88 on a Kc Jh Kd board, they said the AT needed diamonds?)

- The chip totals were never shown after the first 10 minutes, nor were the amount of the all-ins. There was no way a viewer could tell how much these guys were calling or raising.

- All we saw were all-ins.

- The graphics showed the wrong cards on a flop, making it confusing when the announcers claimed that both players had top pair on a 9 3 3 board holding QJ and J5.

It's production values like this that will turn people off watching poker on TV.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:09 PM

Indeed it was the worst poker show ever, period. Quite a shame as with good announcing and a different cut of hands it would have been quite good --- I was at the table and the play was, despite a few terrible plays, interesting.

The announcer's lack of understanding of poker was spectacular ---- it was like they had two guys who once played poker in college do it. I thought that Raymer (who called a good portion of the event live) would be doing the commentary, failing that my dog would have done a better job.

Quite a disappointment, I only hope that the US edit will be better.

x00x.

ps. other than this the ps people were fantastic --- i think all 27 of us had a great time and were treated great while down there.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:46 PM

I haven't finished watching it but it's just horrible. I can imagine the commentators playing on play money SNGs right before the broadcast.