Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2007, 02:38 AM

Default 3/6 Live: Kill Pot

9 Players total, 3/6 Kill pot

Hero is in BB with Jc6c. 2 limpers, i complete and killer (also the button) checks.
Flop is QsQcJs
Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, killer bets, hero raises, 2 mps fold and killer calls.
Turn 2h
Hero bets, killer calls
River6s
Hero checks, killer checks

- Hows the turn bet, not sure if I should have checked through.
- River check? Too weak?
Old 02-10-2007, 04:32 AM

Default Re: 3/6 Live: Kill Pot

If I was killer I raise the turn if I have a better hand because you may fold and not see the river. Because killer only called turn, I would have normally bet the river. Usually when they can beat you, you hear about it on the turn.

The 6s should have been no real help. If killer hung around on a flush draw, more power to him/her. I know I will have killer's chips before too long if that was the case because most of this pot is made by you and killer.

As to river check being weak or not, only game texture can decide that. If it was a nice passive game, a river check keeps everything mellow. If it was normal to aggressive, then a river bet was needed.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:21 PM

I've seen this [censored] happen live, especially with really weak players. They'll call down with trips and a weak kicker, check behind, and on showdown be like "You have a better kicker?" and turn over something like Q7...

I probably check as well - he could have a spade draw or a straight draw - either way though, I don't see much value in betting the river. If he bets the river, I probably make a crying call.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:03 PM

Definitely check/call river. I seriously see no value in betting the river, either the killer has a draw and missed or got there, he has us beat with a Q(unlikely) or J with a better kicker (which plays of course), or ties us with a J and worse or equal kicker. I'd say he very rarely has a pocket pair like 99, but all in all, I don't think there are any hands we beat that will call the river, and all the ones that do are calling or raising. If you led out on river, were you planning on folding to a raise?
Old 02-11-2007, 12:08 AM

I think I would have to muck if I led the river and he raised, there's a lot out there and he's not that good to pull off the bluff river raise [its 3/6 and this guy is mod tight].
Old 02-11-2007, 12:16 AM

the previous replies covers my replies to your questions.

However, why don't you open on the flop with your equity edge?
Old 02-11-2007, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the previous replies covers my replies to your questions.

However, why don't you open on the flop with your equity edge?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check-raise to get it heads up - its a kill pot and people seem less likely to call 2 cold on the flop with a draw. And I also had one of those feelings that the button would do his job and bet.

terrible reasoning?