Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2007, 08:03 PM

Default JJ going for Turn Checkraise

6 handed 1/2 on WPEX

My read on villain is somewhat tight passive as he has given the BB a walk 3 out the of the last 4 orbits when in the SB.

6 handed
Dealt to hero J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

4 players fold, Hero raises, BB calls.

Flop 4 SB (2 players)
T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero Bets, Villain Raises, Hero Calls

I decided that I was going to checkraise pretty much any turn card

Turn 4 BB (2 Players)
8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero checks, Villain Bets, Hero Raises, Villain 3 bets
Hero.........

First of all do you guys like going for the check raise? I think I can get more value out of random 10 hands or something like A6 that will continue betting on the turn. As my read on this guy is tight I disregarded hands like 104o and 106o.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:09 PM

Default Re: JJ going for Turn Checkraise

Just 3bet flop any card comes on turn is a sort of scary for you

I muck to turn 3bet the way you played
Old 02-09-2007, 08:41 PM

Going for the turn check raise is okay with JJ but I'd rather do it with AA because then I really wouldn't care what card falls on the turn. As played I don't see how you could possibly fold to the turn 3-bet. You have JJ, the board is T468, and it's your SB heads up against the BB. No way.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:05 PM

I don't like this play. I prefer bet 3bet on flop. he could be raising you with a draw like 87o and you will now get minimum value for your hand while probably losing max if he hits. He probably call you down with A6 or pocket 5's but might fold to turn checkraise.

You probably are still ahead here though you could be looking at T8s or a set of 4's. More likely hands are AT, KT or a club draw with a paired ten. I would pay him off from here.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:34 PM

Meh, whether I go for a checkraise on the turn depends on my opponent and my mood.

I'm showing this hand down.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:59 PM

I dont't like the check-raise on this board. Villain could have some sort of a hand (straight draw, just overcards) that he would like to get a free card on the turn. And also an overcard could hit the board. I would 3 bet the flop and bet the turn no matter what card comes. As played it is tough to lay down. He could have a set but also T8s, 64s and you could have 8 outs. Normal players would not 3 bet the turn with AT/KT, however.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont't like the check-raise on this board. Villain could have some sort of a hand (straight draw, just overcards) that he would like to get a free card on the turn. And also an overcard could hit the board. I would 3 bet the flop and bet the turn no matter what card comes. As played it is tough to lay down. He could have a set but also T8s, 64s and you could have 8 outs. Normal players would not 3 bet the turn with AT/KT, however.

[/ QUOTE ]

guess you haven't seen the show at 1/2 WPEX then.

btw, I'm never folding JJ HU on that board in a blind battle.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:26 PM

When tight passives 3 bets this turn I fold. But I have to be damn sure that I have labelled him correct.
If he is truly a tight passive it is no meaning to take a look at the cards on the board. His actions tells you more than hand reading.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When tight passives 3 bets this turn I fold. But I have to be damn sure that I have labelled him correct.
If he is truly a tight passive it is no meaning to take a look at the cards on the board. His actions tells you more than hand reading.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nawww....you can't fold here man. The pot is BIG, you have a premium hand, you're HU. Yes, he's passive, but if he has 2 pair, you've got 8 outs on the turn. Even if you miss, the pot will be laying you at least 10:1 on the river. Are we not winning less than 10% of the time here, even against a passive player?
Old 02-11-2007, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is WPEX 1-2, are there tight passives in that game?

Calling down here can't be a big mistake, if it's a mistake at all.