Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2007, 01:35 PM

Default 200bb deep 30nl, retarded bluff?

I'd like to post some thoughts on this hand and you guys tell me what you think of my thoughts? No specific reads on villain, but the table was playing very loose pre with multiway pots, and lots of cbetting without much action after that.

Full Tilt Poker Game #1757649184: Table Rita (deep 6) - $0.15/$0.30 - No Limit Hold'em - 19:20:08 ET - 2007/02/08
Seat 2: Livb11269 ($62.80)
Seat 3: faquewdikhed ($60.70)
Seat 4: KLLOVER ($40)
Seat 5: luckyULSA ($10.90)
Seat 6: gamzster ($60)
faquewdikhed posts the small blind of $0.15
KLLOVER posts the big blind of $0.30
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to faquewdikhed [Th Js]
luckyULSA folds
gamzster raises to $1
Livb11269 folds
dielube sits down
dielube adds $60
faquewdikhed calls $0.85 <--- We are 200bb deep and I have a fun hand (OOP Bad, looking to flop monster I guess. Did not plan on proceeding with anything less than 2pair)
KLLOVER calls $0.70
*** FLOP *** [9h Jc 7s]

faquewdikhed checks <----- Don't wanna lead a very vulnerable hand into a PFR and another oppt

KLLOVER bets $2.40
gamzster folds

faquewdikhed calls $2.40 <--- at this point I am only beating J8 and lower, I dont like raising here against the pfr. I am calling on my gutshot + 2pair + trips + he may be firing with overcards

*** TURN *** [9h Jc 7s] [Td]

faquewdikhed checks <---- No sense in leading out here because I think I can get blown off of my hand pretty easily

KLLOVER bets $7.20

faquewdikhed calls $7.20 <---- At this point I am pretty confident that villain has an 8, so right here I plan on open shoving river if a ten, jack, or 8 comes. I want to shove on the 8 because the only hand I could see villain having at the time that would beat me if the 8 came was Q8. If villain does not have the 8 and is bluffing, I can't see him firing a third barrel on the river without the straight, given the board right now.

*** RIVER *** [9h Jc 7s Td] [8d]

faquewdikhed bets $50.10, and is all in <--- the 8 came

So I expect a few responses about how my reads talk me into making the play, etc. I am open in thinking that this play sucked or was good. I guess my REAL question is, does a play like this with a similar (better) thought process have any merit?
Old 02-09-2007, 02:45 PM

Default Re: 200bb deep 30nl, retarded bluff?

fold preflop.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:11 PM

Default Re: 200bb deep 30nl, retarded bluff?

How can you put him on an 8 when he raised PF and led out the whole way? I'd say he at least has a queen maybe a PP but even still with a straight on the board and your big bet on the end i'd sniff out a bluff and probably look you up...especially at a low limit like that. 50 bucks into a 20-25 dollar pot looks pretty fishy to me.

if you're playing for fun and not money(which it seems like you are because you're playing j10 because its a "fun hand") then by all means go for that play if you think you have a read. If I were playing I would have probably check-raised on the flop to give the impression of strength and watch how he reacted. that 10 on the turn makes the board kinda scary unless you're holding KQ which he might very well have been holding.