Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2007, 07:47 AM

Default Mike O\'Malley: please fix the Speed SNGs

All the Speed SNGs are named "Speed" again which causes the disappearing buttons bug. Last time it took a month to fix and if it takes that long again, then that's a month where I won't be able to play any SNGs (I'm not struggling on with disappearing buttons, 1-tabling Speeds, or trying to play the regulars...).

Thanks in advance - Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-09-2007, 10:09 AM

Default Re: Mike O\'Malley: please fix the Speed SNGs

Buttons are disappearing, PokerOffice won't work, Idle Miner keeps mining 7-card-stud tables (lol)...

Please give them names mr Mike! Name them after me!
Old 02-09-2007, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Buttons are disappearing, PokerOffice won't work, Idle Miner keeps mining 7-card-stud tables (lol)...

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] PLEASE SORT THIS OUT [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Just tried playing 6 SNGs and lost my buttons over and over again...
Old 02-09-2007, 11:32 AM

Ah...those were the days.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] PLEASE SORT THIS OUT [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

So far we have received no complaints through customer service about dissapearing buttons.
We have the team testing and looking into it now, but so far we are unable to replicate this problem.
The previous issue with writing the HHs to the same file has been corrected...I am told that couldnt be the cause here.
Those of you that are experiencing this feel free to send me an email with any details you can provide. Also, try doing the same thing you were previously doing with no 3rd party applications (office, tracker, etc.) turned on.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:17 PM

[/ QUOTE ]We regret the issue that you are facing while trying to access our
games

To access our games please run a Disk Clean up for which the steps are
given below

1. Close all the windows

2. Click on the Start Button

3. Click on All Programs

4. Click on Accessories

5. Click on System Tools

6. Click on Disk Cleanup

7. Select the C: drive, check all the boxes and click on the Start
Button. Once the Disk Cleanup is finished, we are taken back to the
Desktop.

After a successful disk clean up please shut down, restart and retry
our games

Venkat
Technical Support Team

[/ QUOTE ]

Time to start praying I think... Party support is in "denial mode" now... [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 02-09-2007, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So far we have received no complaints through customer service about dissapearing buttons.
We have the team testing and looking into it now, but so far we are unable to replicate this problem.
The previous issue with writing the HHs to the same file has been corrected...I am told that couldnt be the cause here.
Those of you that are experiencing this feel free to send me an email with any details you can provide. Also, try doing the same thing you were previously doing with no 3rd party applications (office, tracker, etc.) turned on.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks. I'm just about to give it another try playing 6 tables again. The last time the problem kicked in was like this:

With 6 resized tables open and about 10/15 mins into the set of SNGs, the buttons all vanished, then I timed out and got shown the blue text and the button was visible to sit back into the SNG. Then as soon as I sat back in and my turn came again, the button vanished again.

It only happened on perhaps 3/6 of my tables and didn't stop until I restarted the client. Then when I restarted the client the buttons started to vanish again, and I restarted to fix the problems. I think eventually the buttons came back without a restart, and then as I finished off my SNGs (and had less tables open) the problem stopped and I was able to finish off the last 3/4 in peace.

I'll report back on how the next 6 get on.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-09-2007, 01:06 PM

You're going to play 6 more on there knowing that you are going to be at a disadvantage when your buttons start disappearing again?
Old 02-09-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're going to play 6 more on there knowing that you are going to be at a disadvantage when your buttons start disappearing again?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, if it helps diagnose the problems then I'll give it another go without any scripts/apps running to see if they could be causing problems.

If all the buttons still vanish, then I won't be playing more until it's fixed.

Old 02-09-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks. I'm just about to give it another try playing 6 tables again. The last time the problem kicked in was like this:

With 6 resized tables open and about 10/15 mins into the set of SNGs, the buttons all vanished, then I timed out and got shown the blue text and the button was visible to sit back into the SNG. Then as soon as I sat back in and my turn came again, the button vanished again.

It only happened on perhaps 3/6 of my tables and didn't stop until I restarted the client. Then when I restarted the client the buttons started to vanish again, and I restarted to fix the problems. I think eventually the buttons came back without a restart, and then as I finished off my SNGs (and had less tables open) the problem stopped and I was able to finish off the last 3/4 in peace.

I'll report back on how the next 6 get on.

[/ QUOTE ]
I just gave it a try playing 9 SNGs with no 3rd party applications running to see if the problem was any better or worse and it was significantly worse (it seems the more tables you play the worse the problem is).

Here is a screenshot of me with no buttons on nearly every table:

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/1215/image3le2.jpg

All I can see is:

a) The bug seems worse with more tables.
b) It doesn't seem to effect the early levels (possibly because I'm clicking the fold checkbox more often then?).
c) Once the buttons vanish on one table, then it starts on all the other tables simultaneously until the client is restarted.
d) Running no 3rd Party applications, or running with affinity set to a single core, make no difference.

I'm afraid I'm not playing anymore until it's confirmed to be fixed.