Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2007, 11:14 PM

Default Combining Notes on FullTilt from different computers

I have a computer at my house where i usually play, and a computer at my friends house where i play occasionally as well. I have at this point taken quite a few notes over there and would like to consolidate them together on my computer. How is this done?

Thanks in advance [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-09-2007, 02:58 PM

Default Re: Combining Notes on FullTilt from different computers

[ QUOTE ]
I have a computer at my house where i usually play, and a computer at my friends house where i play occasionally as well. I have at this point taken quite a few notes over there and would like to consolidate them together on my computer. How is this done?

Thanks in advance [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that with PokerStars its simply cutting and pasting into the file within the "program files" folder... FullTilt however seems to do this differently.

Thanks a lot
Old 02-09-2007, 02:59 PM

As far as I know, it's not possible
Old 02-09-2007, 03:30 PM

On my Mac, FT just saves each table session's notes into its own file, in the place I told it to put them in the preferences. So to combine them it should just be a matter of copying the files in, as long as none of the files have the same name.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:10 PM

On a PC, the notes are stored in username.dat in the Full Tilt Poker directory.

The first part of the file is an 8-bit header, containing "FTN0" and followed by a count of the number of notes in the file. Byte 5 is least significant, e.g. I have 1815 notes and my header reads "FTN0 0x17 0x07 0x00 0x00". 0x0717=1815 decimal.

After that is a series of 16-byte index entries, one per note. The first 3 bytes are a (numeric) player ID. The fourth byte is always null, maybe this is also the player ID but they just don't have that many players yet.

The 5th and 6th bytes are the note length; byte 6 is more significant (i.e., "06 01" = length 0x0106 = 262).

Bytes 7 and 8 are all null in my file.

Bytes 9 and 10 are the color index, default 0x07. If you mute someone without entering a note for them, their color index will be "ff ff". I think byte 11 is a mute flag: null for unmuted, 01 for muted and 03 for something else. Bytes 12-16 are all null for me.

After the index comes the notes, and they are just jammed all together with no delimiters, in the same order as the index.

There's no end-of-index or end-of-file marker.

To combine two files, I would do this:

- Close FT, back up the .dat files.
- with a hex editor, strip the header from file 1 and separate its index and entries into two files. Note the index size in the header.
- locate duplicate player ID's in the two indices and decide what to do about them. Safest is to remove them altogether but this will be a time-consuming process because you need to figure out where their corresponding notes are and delete those, too. Next safest is to change all the duplicates to invalid ID's by overwriting byte 3 with ff. Least safe is to leave them untouched, FT may just ignore the duplicates or you may get weird behaviour.
- Get the index size from the header of file 2, add the size of file 1's index to this number, and update the size (bytes 5 and 6) with this new number
- append the index from file 1 to the index section of file 2.
- append the notes from file 1 to the end of file 2.
- Launch FT.