Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2007, 04:24 PM

Default 16 AK close to bubble

is this a reshove even though sb is in the hand? Any help is much appreciated

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t400 with t25 antes (5 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t2500)
CO (t2540)
Button (t685)
SB (t4890)
Hero (t2885)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="red">Button raises to t660 (All-in)</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to t1600</font>, <font color="red">Hero??
Old 02-08-2007, 04:35 PM

Default Re: 16 AK close to bubble

I think I find the fold button here because I think I can find better spots to get my chips in. If button has an Ace or a King in his hand and SB has a PP, you are hurtin. If SB has a lower ace i'm happy to call, but I think it's a coin flip often enough to fold...not sure though, maybe that's a flaw in my game.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:50 PM

I'd shove because button's range is really wide which means SB's range is going to be fairly wide as well.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:54 PM

I guess this is a push.

If button folded and SB shoved more than 55+,A9o+,A5s+,KJo+,K9s+,QJs it's a 0,2% call and thus an obvious call because SB range is wider than that. The same situation fourhanded (removing button and disributing his chips at the other two not involved) its a call with pretty much the same push range on SB.

But in your situation you have the overlay from button in the pot already, and you might also have som foldequity over SB. And his range should be pretty wide.

But there might be factors I've overlooked.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:55 PM

all in he can be isolating with much worse than ak
Old 02-08-2007, 05:06 PM

This is a pretty easy shove. AJs or something would be close.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a pretty easy shove. AJs or something would be close.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-08-2007, 05:17 PM

Obviously I suck lol. Perhaps this is why my ROI at the 24s is only like 7% Time for me to do some 2+2 research on what aghasax said.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously I suck lol. Perhaps this is why my ROI at the 24s is only like 7% Time for me to do some 2+2 research on what aghasax said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't make this hand more complicated than it is....you don't need to do any kind of crazy ICM calcs or push/call ranges.

You can pretty much ignore the button. He only has 1.5 bb's and nobody has entered the pot. He's pushing VERY wide here. Plus he's only raising you half of one big blind.

So for all practical purposes, this hand is between the SB and you.....the button doesn't even really matter. You only have 7.5 bb's left. The SB pushes. You have AK. You're way ahead of his range. Easy call.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't make this hand more complicated than it is....you don't need to do any kind of crazy ICM calcs or push/call ranges.

You can pretty much ignore the button. He only has 1.5 bb's and nobody has entered the pot. He's pushing VERY wide here. Plus he's only raising you half of one big blind.

So for all practical purposes, this hand is between the SB and you.....the button doesn't even really matter. You only have 7.5 bb's left. The SB pushes. You have AK. You're way ahead of his range. Easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd disagree somewhat with this. The button is going to tighten SB up considerably. If SB openpushed I'd snapcall with ATo for example. He's probably not going to be pushing junk now.

But yeah, AK is still not close.