Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2007, 10:23 AM

Default Turn bluff vs FTP regular

5-10 PLO heads up

Can't remember villians nick, it's something with Crazy*******. I'm pretty new to the site but I belive he's a regular. He plays very aggressive in position. I think he looks at me as someone who plays tight but still can make marginal plays. He is raising pretty much every hand preflop and so far I have mostly called and taken the pot on good looking flops.

In the hand he has 2k, I cover.

Villians pots it, I re-pot with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], he calls

Flop (180) 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I pot it, villians calls

Turn (540) 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, villians bets 270, I pot it to 1350

Villians has something like 1450 left. I have asked two players whos game I really respect and they had different opinions. So that's why Im posting it here, what do you think? I will write my thinking later

Tony
Old 02-08-2007, 10:52 AM

Default Re: Turn bluff vs FTP regular

I like it. Do you expect villain to fold A7?
Old 02-08-2007, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Marginal, but I think he folds A7xx. Many other kinds of 7s+straight draws re-pots the flop I think and surely calls now. But because of my tight 3bet range pre I expect him to raise AK87/A897 type of hands on the flop when we are this deep. Is this wrong?
Old 02-08-2007, 02:39 PM

AK87 would be a pretty thin raise for him on the flop. It's hard to know whether this will work enough, depends how the session has been going. But I would almost always just let it go.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:56 PM

honestly your raise smells funny. I would NOT let go of A7 here because I'd be thinking that IS what you are betting.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Marginal, but I think he folds A7xx. Many other kinds of 7s+straight draws re-pots the flop I think and surely calls now. But because of my tight 3bet range pre I expect him to raise AK87/A897 type of hands on the flop when we are this deep. Is this wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're as tight preflop as you say, the best I'd put you on is AA7x. Well, something like that. My point is, the tighter your 3 bet range preflop is, the less likely he's going to give you credit for 76 or even a 7 there. Only thing you're getting to fold is something like 6+straight draws
Old 02-08-2007, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're as tight preflop as you say, the best I'd put you on is AA7x. Well, something like that. My point is, the tighter your 3 bet range preflop is, the less likely he's going to give you credit for 76 or even a 7 there. Only thing you're getting to fold is something like 6+straight draws

[/ QUOTE ]

With tight I'm not saying I only raise AA, actually prefer 3beting straight flush combos or T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] type of hands. This session I felt kind of card dead and therefore the lack of 3bets, I'm not sure what he thinks of my range. When I checkraise the turn I pretty much represent AA because I don't think he beats that most of the time, huge part of his range is just floating the flop. What hand plays like he did? IMO 2 pair+ re-pots the flop and alot of the time any 7 (if he puts me on AA because of my tight image) Thats how I would play those hands all day, maybe I'm off on this one.

When I stacked him the 2nd time for 100bb I held AAT9, he called my preflop 3bet and re-poted the flop. I called and he showed some crap like Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for a pair and flushdraw. AA held up.

This deep I just belive he would try to push me off my hand, either by aggression on the flop with outs/made hand or by floating. When I pushed I just did'nt belive he had a 7/full house

The reason my friend did'nt like it was because he said a really good player might "float" a set on the flop, then bet out weak to induce my play.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AK87 would be a pretty thin raise for him on the flop. It's hard to know whether this will work enough, depends how the session has been going. But I would almost always just let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he belives my 3beting range is very thin why is rasing the flop with a 7 bad? I would and I definitely would raise a 7+straight draws. If you held AAxx here, are you not folding if he re-pots it on the flop?
Old 02-08-2007, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
honestly your raise smells funny. I would NOT let go of A7 here because I'd be thinking that IS what you are betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think a 7 is a likely holding for him then?
Old 02-08-2007, 09:43 PM

raising a 7 on the flop isn't much different from raising any 4, except against very loose opponents.