Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2007, 11:34 PM

Default Card Counting in Black Jack

I am just getting started in Black Jack and trying to learn to count cards. Is it easier to count as the cards are dealt one at a time around the table, or is it easier to count them in groups after both cards have been dealt to all players...just count one hand at a time???
Old 02-08-2007, 01:03 AM

Default Re: Card Counting in Black Jack

I found it easier to sit at third base (far left seat) and count each hand. That way you don't get mixed up on which cards you already counted and you can 'net' each hand. In other words if you see a hand with Q3, it's a zero. Other hands will likely be a -2 or a +2.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:06 AM

IT sort of depends what system you are using but I find it is easier to could then in groups of twos. the reason is that many times two cards will ad up to 0 so you can skip that player.

Then I would count each card as they fly out.

One thing you should do. Have about 15 decks of cards. Have then everywhere that you will sit for 5 minutes. bathroom, car living room anyplace where you can flip cards for 5 minutes.

Pretty soon you will feel you have A.D.D and be counting EVERYTHING. five people walking across the street minus the three coming the other way equals 2 lol
Old 02-08-2007, 10:39 AM

When playing a hand-held game (1 or 2 decks) where the players' first two cards are face down, I find it easiest to count the cards by hand, rather than individually. In other words, I wait for the players to expose all their cards and then do the count. Thus, (Js-4h) 8d equals a zero count.

With a shoe, I find it easier to count each card as I see it.

That is what has worked for me, anyway.