Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2007, 11:57 PM

Default Legends Cup Poker on TSN (Canada).

Although most of the previous matches of the Legends Cup poker tournament were dull because of the lame soccer players, tonight's match with Mike Sexton, Kenna James and El Blondie(David Col.) was fun to watch. Even with Jessie May's crazy laughing and many bad plays by the soccer stars, the good suckouts and probably the dumbest all-in call near the end that I've ever seen, kept me glued to the tube.

It was funny to see that when the USA soccer player kept getting good cards and winning many pots, he asked Mike and Kenna how they got started gambling and how long the tournaments lasted. Obviously he was having fun and was starting to think that poker was a simple game to beat. When they told him that they sometimes play 12 hour days for a week or so, at the WSOP, he seemed amazed.

Shortly afterwards when he admitted that he failed to notice that he had the winning straight, he claimed he had trouble concentrating for 20 minutes, never mind for 12 hours. Still, I always root for the amateurs that love the game like he now surely does.

Unless TSN changes their schedule at the last minute (like they often do),the next match is on Thursday at 8pm-10pm eastern, featuring Team Canada (D.Negreanu,E.Ng and 1 other) vs. Team Australia(Tony G. and 2 others). I can't wait.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:27 PM

Default Re: Legends Cup Poker on TSN (Canada).

alot of it is pretty boring, although negreanu against Tony G and team australia was funny... something funny about daniel and tony wearing their team t-shirts.

regarding poker on TV, i seem to like WPT and WSOP. seems like people really care and have decent stacks... alot of the other stuff, especially with well-known players, it seems like they're partially going thru the motions.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:28 AM

Yup,this episode was boring, but I still don't know why having both the blinds the same, actually slows down action,like Daniel said. Any ideas?
Old 02-12-2007, 07:48 PM

For some reason they've stopped airing it. I like it better than WSOP.