Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 11:31 PM

Default Neteller - Account closed - a week after the fact

If this subject has been beaten to death I'm sorry. I dont' read this forum. If this is the case feel free to delete this post or move it or whatever. I'm not posting to cause any sort of silly problems - just to relate my experience.

Last week, the day before the account closures, I assisted a friend with a transfer. He transfered me 10k, I deposited 8k, and then transferred him the 10k from my stars account to his. I kept 2k in Neteller because I wanted to withdrawal 2k anyways and Stars doesn't let you withdrawal until 48 hours after. I couldn't withdrawal prior to the transfer because we had done a test transfer the night before for a few hundred dollars (this is how I know there is a 48 hour delay between depositing and withdrawing on Stars). This happened on Jan 29 (by neteller's records).

Ok, so there is the transaction history. I didn't do anymore transfers after finding out that Neteller did not want anyone doing them. Since then I have been able to use my neteller account without any difficulty until tonight (over a week later). Tonight I withdrawal 2k from Stars to Neteller and the transfer is accepted without problem. I then go to log into my Neteller to check and see if the funds are there before depositing into UB. I get the account closed message and call them.

Blah blah blah, you've heard it before, I helped a US customer deposit money into a gambling site. I plead my case and explain all of the necessary circumstances and that I was aware that they day I did the transfer it was ok and when I found out it wasn't ok I did not do anymore transfers. The lady was nice in spite of me being a polite [censored] (because I was pissed but realized it isn't this ladies fault). I asked her to return the money that I just withdrew from Stars and she said she need a PR person to do that and it would take a day or two. She said something about a PR person contacting me, but I'm not holding my breath.

I have to send in a copy of government ID and a recent bill. The whole thing leaves a really bad taste in my mouth. I feel as if my account will be re-opened, but I'm still mad.

This got too long, but basically if you helped anyone with one of these transfers be aware that the investigations team is still investigating (I asked about this and was told the delay is due to a backlog of these investigations) and there is a real possibility that you will still have to go through this annoying hassle.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:09 AM

Default Re: Neteller - Account closed - a week after the fact

Mine was closed once, and permanently, even though when I was doing transfers it was actively endorsed by neteller.

I'm still awaiting netellers reply as to why my account was permanently closed, as well as waiting for my remaining balance to hit my bank account.

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] neteller.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:29 AM

Default Re: Neteller - Account closed - a week after the fact

Yea my account just got suspended pending utility bill and drivers liscencse. yay.
Closed Thread