Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2007, 01:52 PM

Default Stud 8 - Multiway way pot with low draw.

Curious to what you think of 5th to 7th for this hand. My thinking on 5th was to try and figure out where I was at in the hand and where seat 4 was at. I thought I might knock out a few of the weaker low draws if villian 4 3bets with a likely hand of 3A's or possibly a boat as well. However, given how passive and loose the table was I'm not sure anyone is folding here anyways.Still undecided if I liked the raise or not.

I think given how 5th played out, 6th and 7th are obvious value bet/raises.Anyone disagree?

The converter is having problems with the bring-in for stars so seat 6 brought it in for the minimum and then called the double raise.

Also seat 8 has been playing extremely loose and creating a lot of action. He could have anything from 3 overs floating or just two low in the hole.

7 Card Stud High-Low ($1/$2), Ante $0.10 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___folds
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 5: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls

4th Street - (9.30 SB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (6.65 BB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls

6th Street - (14.65 BB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls

River - (22.65 BB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___checks___folds

Total pot: (25.65 BB)
Old 02-06-2007, 07:37 PM

Default Re: Stud 8 - Multiway way pot with low draw.

It well played. By raising 5th, you can't really get hurt by being reraised, so if Seat 6 folds, it gives you an opportunity (but sometimes not, depending on what Seat 4 has) to gain equity of some of the money already in the pot. I think you actually want Seat 4 to have AAA. So raising > calling.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:18 PM

No one is going to pass and if the table is passive, then the AA won't reraise either. You just get more bets in a situation where you're not in particularly great shape. Raising when you have a hand different from what you are pretending to have is great if (a) you get the right hand to pass (b) people are actually paying much attention. Its not clear you have either of these in this hand.

gl

dd
Old 02-06-2007, 08:24 PM

What in hell were you doing raising 5th?

Raising 6th was a poor play as well.

Putting money into the pot when you're fairly certain you have less than your share of pot equity is a good way to go broke in this game.

6 A 6 is a limping hand when others have voluntarilly entered the pot behind you and scary cards are left to act after you (unless the players holding those scary cards are poor and passive and easily manipulatable).
Old 02-06-2007, 08:31 PM

3rd, 5th and 6th seem chip-spewing-tilt-monkey play to me.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:33 PM

On 3rd, is this a normal raise for you guys?

As far as 5th is concerned, I don't see how OP doesn't have 25% equity. If Seat 4 has AAA or AA22 & 3-bets, knocking out Seat 6, then Hero gains money. Maybe Hero doesn't gain that much, but I don't see it being a losing play.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]edit:Hero has the low on 6th.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:40 PM

I would just limp in on third, but other than that this hand is fine. People telling you not to raise fifth are wrong.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]edit:Hero has the low on 6th.

[/ QUOTE ] OK, braincramp. He did have low on 6th.

Considering that, I do like the raise on 6th. 4's were very live and a lucky river would likely scoop it all. If the 4's were all but dead I'd like a call better on 6th to encourage the other low draw who's drawing dead and the other high draw to stay in.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the 4's were all but dead I'd like a call better on 6th to encourage the other low draw who's drawing dead and the other high draw to stay in.

[/ QUOTE ]
If they called the initial bet there's no way in hell they're folding for one more. Also the other low hand is probably not drawing dead.

The bottom line is that you have the nuts but can be outdrawn, doing anything but raising here is retarded.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:34 AM

WHy?

gl

dd