Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2007, 11:47 AM

Default Basic Questions

I hope I am doing this correctly, as it is only my 2nd post. Or, if I am doing it incorrectly, I hope I will not be too savagely chastised. Though I don't really care.
I am trying to introduce a new topic to get a few questions answered regarding the current and presumptive future state of online poker-playing. I stopped playing online coincidentally shortly before the ban was signed, and now I am interested in resuming for its sheer convenience (I am not always interested in contact of any sort with other human beings). I am an American citizen and also currently reside here. I know all of a sudden mf's didn't just stop playing. The thrust of my question is: What's the deal RIGHT NOW? I.e., what sites are still currently catering to American players, and what deposit/withdrawal methods are still viable? I would greatly appreciate any input anyone would care to offer, and in the course of the discussion I will surely think of other questions.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:59 AM

Default Re: Basic Questions

What is it, man, you all don't like talking to "strangers" lol, mommy told you not too? I have noticed no shortage of people who think they're smarter than God on these forums, and I'm just trying to get some real simple questions answered....
Old 02-06-2007, 12:05 PM

TruePoker accepts US players.

We accept deposits via credit/debit cards, ePassporte, or cashiers checks.

We cash out by epassporte or check.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:05 PM

Perhaps you should just read through the forums and find where your questions have already been answered dozens of times.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:11 PM

Yes, that was my first idea (thank you for cluing me in to the obvious), but they seem to contain contradictory information. And why rifle through thousands of pages of text when I can just ask a question? I have not really seen a full treatment of cashout options addressed anywhere, at any rate. And that's really the only part I care about. I don't care "if it's legal," or to sit around whining about some laws that have passed. I'm just curious about the current functional efficiency of the medium and what other's experiences may have been concerning that issue.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:17 PM

If you don't care about legality, take your questions to the "internet" forum.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:23 PM

Oh, ok, thanks, man. As I'm sure people can tell, I don't even know what I'm doing or if I'm in the right place or what. But my questions sort of regard legal issues, and I really am not trying to have the cops kick my door down or any of that, or be tracked by the feds (although we all already are).
Is anybody (American) even playing online anymore? Is anybody writing in this forum a current online player, and if so, what deposit/cashout method seems to be working?
Old 02-06-2007, 01:08 PM

Ok, so other forms have contradictory information but, by you starting your own thread you don't think you will get contradictory information. Wow!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-06-2007, 01:21 PM

Man relax, give the dude a break. Alright man I'll tell you some breif news about what's going down right now. Depending on what you site you play will give you different payment processors and all that but I am a player at Full Tilt. Right now, they have two payment processors that are available for U.S. players, those are MYWebATM and ePassporte. I chose ePassporte because they simply seem to be a more legitimate source than MYWebATM right now. MYWebATM was just introduced on Feb. 2 as a payment processor for Full Tilt. ePassporte seems to be available on other sites like PokerStars, Bodog, etc. So if you want advice on payment processors, I'd go with ePassporte. It may take a long time to get your account up and running due to the high level of players trying to get an account started with them, but hey it's worth it to me. Just be patient. I just had my account verified this morning after signing up with them on Jan 18th, so yeah it took awhile. Now, I have the option to either deposit via debit card or from checking account. I heard debit card/CC are instant and from your checking account it takes like 7 business days. So whatever you prefer I guess. Well I guess that's a good answer to your thread.

Peace
-GT-
Old 02-06-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TruePoker accepts US players.

[/ QUOTE ]

TP's garbled EULA denies many/most US players:

[ QUOTE ]
Please note that the Software is not for use by (i) persons under 18 years of age, (ii) persons under the legal age of majority in their jurisdiction , or (iii) persons connecting to the Site from jurisdictions from which such use is prohibited it is illegal to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]