Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2007, 08:14 AM

Default I flop the nuts, then it gets kind of interesting 10/20

I'm following a couple fish up and this table is playing more like 2/4 or even 1/2. I'm being sort of nitty, but value betting a lot. No real reads except that UTG is donkish, 44/0 but has a big river AF. I broke him earlier when i flopped a flush with 89s and he stacked off his TP2ndK. He cried like a bitch. Important stacks are like so-
UTG - 1900
CO - 1100
BTN - 1700
I cover

PF - Everyone limps to me in BB and i check it with AcQx

I really don't want to play a huge pot here, I want to see a flop before and get value on later streets. I also like that I can miss and check fold for minimal losses free. I'm oop which sucks with this hand multiway i think. I would bump this up big a lot, but I don't think AQo is the hand to do it with.

JxKcTc (pot is like 110)
Sb chk, I lead for 80, 3 calls from the stacks and positions listed above. All else fold. 4 way to turn.

I need to bet at this just to build a pot. The ranges of these calls are some piece of the flop. A hand like 99 or A9 isn't calling; AT I doubt is there either. I have Ac which i think is a big deal.

Jc (pot is like 420)
Your thoughts?
Thanks
UOPokerplayer
Old 02-06-2007, 08:36 AM

Default Re: I flop the nuts, then it gets kind of interesting 10/20

If you lose a big pot with your hand in this spot its your own fault cuz of your PF-play.

By the turn i would guess your hand is pretty much worthless unless you hit your nut flush on the river and even then someone might show up with KJ/JT - like you said yourself - they are not calling with lower PPīs on the flop.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:56 AM

PF is fine.

Terrible turn card. I'd check and see what happens but sometimes end up swearing a lot and folding, depending on the action.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PF is fine.

Terrible turn card. I'd check and see what happens but sometimes end up swearing a lot and folding, depending on the action.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-06-2007, 09:37 AM

I think preflop and flop are fine. Worst possible turn (why does it seem that an offsuit 9 never rolls off?). Now when money goes in on the turn you have no idea if someone is protecting a small flush, "protecting" their crappy trips, drawing with Q/club, killing you softly with a turned boat, or what. Position would make this much easier to play. Checking turn gives you defacto position, but without the option to put in a bet if everyone else checks. This isn't such a big deal since there are now so few cards that can hurt your hand if your hand is in fact still the best, and there are plenty of ways for these guys to make rather transparent second-best hands when a cheap river comes off.

I'd say this is a definite fold on turn if you check and anyone bets more than 1/2 pot.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:31 PM

So we're assuming someone boated up on the turn? I definitely overlooked the fact that there could be a smaller flush that limped pf and called with pot odds. The two pair that just made full didn't raise the flop? I feel like i can lead and get value espec from like JQ/QcXx, but can easily fold to a raise. I guess no one really bets a worse hand here if I check right? Meh, i guess this hand isn't super interesting.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:52 PM

pf is fine. On the flop I'd sometimes overbet the pot in cases like this. If the first person decides to call, you will often get two or three to come along. It also looks like you have a decent but vulnerable hand like TPTK or bottom two when you do this. They also think they have higher implied odds than they do because an overbet makes it look like you're married to it. With this many players I'd make it 120 or so. No set or two pair is ever folding, nor is a flush draw, in the game conditions you described.

Turn is ugly ugly. Someone has a flush here most of the time. I'd check/call a reasonable bet, and check/fold to any heat.