Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2007, 12:43 AM

Default What are some good regular tournaments in SoCal?

What are some good tournaments that have a regular schedule in Southern California? I am at the I-210/CA-57 so driving to LA or along I-15 from Victorville down to the bug-station is ok. Also as far as Palm Springs is not out of the question.

What I am looking for is a regular scheduled tournament that has a decent buy-in/payout and doesn't take more than 4-5 hours. Buy-ins up to $200+juice are ok. I prefer freeze-outs but limited rebuys are also ok. Preferred format is either NL or PL and games could be HE/O8/7CS/7HiLow.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:45 AM

Default Re: What are some good regular tournaments in SoCal?

[ QUOTE ]
What are some good tournaments that have a regular schedule in Southern California? I am at the I-210/CA-57 so driving to LA or along I-15 from Victorville down to the bug-station is ok. Also as far as Palm Springs is not out of the question.

What I am looking for is a regular scheduled tournament that has a decent buy-in/payout and doesn't take more than 4-5 hours. Buy-ins up to $200+juice are ok. I prefer freeze-outs but limited rebuys are also ok. Preferred format is either NL or PL and games could be HE/O8/7CS/7HiLow.

[/ QUOTE ]

In that price range I'd check out the Hustler evening tournaments. I've heard mostly good things about the structure and the comfort in the new tournament room looks great. Check their web site for details. Of course it's all no limit holdem these days.

~ Rick