Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2007, 11:46 PM

Default Trying something new

This hand was from a while ago, thought it was interesting. Villain is a 20/15 regular, pimplar. My image is a bit bad, and I had been raising a lot of flops in position against c-bettors HU (something I've been trying). So I thought this was a great spot to get max value from my overpair.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($579)
MP ($636.50)
Hero ($2406.46)
SB ($594)
BB ($600)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $21</font>, Hero calls $21, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($51) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $35</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $100</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $356</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $636.60 (all-in)</font>
Old 02-05-2007, 11:51 PM

Default Re: Trying something new

i'd like this more if there was more of a draw on the board...
Old 02-05-2007, 11:59 PM

i think this is the wrong new thing to try
Old 02-06-2007, 12:02 AM

i like this more when there's a flush draw on the board. it gives them an excuse to pound AK-AJ and also leaves some more worse hands that they can shove with.

also how sure are you that he's seen your aggression? just because you've done it to others doesn't mean he's paid attention to that. i don't think you're typically going to get him to shove with AK or 77 here. and i also don't see this as a traditional flop to attack, so he might just give you the benefit of the doubt
Old 02-06-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

also how sure are you that he's seen your aggression? just because you've done it to others doesn't mean he's paid attention to that. i don't think you're typically going to get him to shove with AK or 77 here. and i also don't see this as a traditional flop to attack, so he might just give you the benefit of the doubt

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, my OP wasn't clear. I had a history of raising flops against him in this exact spot, not just the whole table.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:05 AM

If you have a loose image this is v hot.

pushing&gt;folding&gt;&gt;calling
Old 02-06-2007, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, my OP wasn't clear. I had a history of raising flops against him in this exact spot, not just the whole table.

[/ QUOTE ]

then i like it
Old 02-06-2007, 12:07 AM

i like your thought process on the hand. it's nice to take things one level further once in a while
Old 02-06-2007, 12:25 AM

ehh, i think people are pretty reluctant to make pot committing 3-bet without something, even if you have been messing with their cbet. even if you give him a very wide range of AK, 22+, 56s, you're 47%.

hmmm, that's not nearly as bad as i thought it would be. but i guess the problem is that a lot of guys will know that you're raising the flop light but they'll just keep folding (or calling) anyway. if i knew this guy had some play-back in him i'd like it more.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:26 AM

So you're expecting him to not 4-bet with 4x/33 right? And JJ+ probably not as well, right?