Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2007, 10:46 PM

Default Rake calculations

I am hoping to get an accurate rake measurement for each level, specifically at pokerstars and full tilt. also i was hoping to filter the results for HU, 3-4 handed and 5-6 handed

here is what we need,

total rake, total hands, and average No of players,

if you could filter for the amount of players in the above catergories that would be great.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:57 AM

Default Re: Rake calculations

Can't poker tracker do this??? if not I'm not exactly sure what you are asking for.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:28 PM

I guess this is what you want.

Open PT.
First choose site and limit in preferences.
Then in Position Stats choose the number of players.
In the General Tab you can see the amount of hands and the rake.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:46 PM

well i was hoping to get it over a large sample size and at all limits, i don have enough hands at each level to get an accurate assesment.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:59 PM

For 5-6 handed 3/6 is something like 3.3BB/100, 5/10 is something like 2.2, 10/20 is around 1.2. Rakeback is king until you hit around 20/40.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:38 AM

yep, this would be my estimates for most sites on the net... the rakedifference isnt that huge when u reach 5/10 and above but can differ more at lower limits (correct me if im wrong)

The stats u are looking for are impossible to give, cause all decent players do some tableselection and select when they play (friday night for example is often good, many tables, bad players). U want to know where u should play, well... we all do.

I know this shouldnt be asked here so just delete post if it isnt okay, but can u get rakeb at Pacific Poker?
Old 02-07-2007, 12:08 PM

i can give you some ftp numbers.

10/20 hu: .83bb/100 over 5k hands
5/10 6max: 2.72bb/100 over 23k hands
8/16 6max: 2.07bb/100 over 17k hands
10/20 6max: 1.84bb/100 over 18k hands
15/30 6max: 1.31bb/100 over 4k hands
30/60 6max: .65bb/100 over 3k hands
50/100 6max: .37bb/100 over 3k hands

so i think bryces estimates where a bit low. ftp sucks for rake. its pretty easy to compare over sites if you look at their rake structures. obv sites that take at 50c intervals and at lower pot sizes will have a higher rake. also, some sites dont cut the rake much when it gets super short hu or 3way (i believe abs is $1 rake hu while most sites are 50c)

anyway, its easy to datamine this at ftp and i dont think it takes long to converge. just look at summary tab and look at the column that says bb/100. at the bottom there should be a number in red. i understood that to be the bb/100 of the rake.

anyway, for some perspective, heres partys old rates from like 2005 before they raised them.

5/10 6max: 1.93bb/100
10/20 6max: 1.13bb/100

i think its sick what high rake has done to low (and to a lesser extent mid) limit games. at this point its simply not feasible to build up from the low stakes learning the game in the process. you simply need to be a prodigy to get past 5/10. and we have all read about how nasty downswings get when winrate decreases. well, rake is a silent and completely effective killer of winrates.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i think its sick what high rake has done to low (and to a lesser extent mid) limit games. at this point its simply not feasible to build up from the low stakes learning the game in the process. you simply need to be a prodigy to get past 5/10. and we have all read about how nasty downswings get when winrate decreases. well, rake is a silent and completely effective killer of winrates.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this and found myself caught in this trap. My question is whether this fleecing will continue or whether there will be any compettive pressures to cut the rake at the major sites like FTP or Poker Stars.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this and found myself caught in this trap. My question is whether this fleecing will continue or whether there will be any compettive pressures to cut the rake at the major sites like FTP or Poker Stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

ive never heard of a site lowering its rake. i would imagine every site has raised its rake at least once at this point.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:12 PM

yeah my winrates are [censored] at 2/4 3/6 and 5/10, i think due to the high rake, as you said it makes it difficult to build up a roll and move up the stakes.

could somebody post there stars rake, as i would be interested to see the diference between stars and tilt, as stars rakes thier slightly different,