UTG+1 ($19.75)
MP1 ($10.10)
MP2 ($10.20)
MP3 ($20.90)
CO ($51.10)
Hero ($45.85)
SB ($3.65)
BB ($21.55)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $1</font>, Hero calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $0.75, UTG+1 folds.

Flop: ($3.35) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $8</font>, Hero...?

The deepstacked villain is loose from the CO, so his range could be pretty wide.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:49 PM

Default Re: Strong draw, rr in front... 2 buy ins deep

I don't mind flat-calling here, just because JT makes up part of his range. A gutshot and flush draw isn't *that* great of a draw (it'd be better if the 9 was a 2 for example because there'll be 9JQK so it'll be hard for him to put more money in) A raise will most likely get 4bet allin and you'll have to call off ur stack to draw. Call here, and if BB shoves, you may as well put the rest in considering all the money in the pot.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:10 PM

Is fold out of the question at all..? It seems unlikely to me that we'll be seeing more than 1 more card even in the best case scenario, so the odds don't really look that juicy. I'm also instafolding preflop.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:21 PM

I dont think folding is an option here! You are getting almost 1:3 on your call. So flat call and see what he does on the turn.
[ QUOTE ]
I'm also instafolding preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
I like playing suited aces in position. Even weaker than A 10. I was wondering how you guys play suited aces in general.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont think folding is an option here! You are getting almost 1:3 on your call

[/ QUOTE ]

But we're not closing the action. Looking at BB's stack he's gonna be pushing here a lot. We'll have the immediate odds to call that too, but that seems to make the initial call a mistake. And that's all assuming the bigstack never just overpushes.

'course, I haven't done any actual math, so feel free to correct me.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:41 PM

I am stupid I didnt read the HH right. Thought it was heads up. He has to call 8 into 13.35$ thats not even 1:2 and BB could push. A call prices you in to call a BB push, but if CO overpushes the Hero is in trouble.
Tough to put BB on a hand though he could have anything from J10, 2 pair or a set. So he could very well push and I dont think CO is folding. So i see your point in saying fold. If you dont like to gambool fold, if you dont mind variance push, but I guess calling is kind of half assed and only puts you in a tough spot if BB pushes and CO overpushes.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:44 PM

I call the flop because I'm very happy with a BB push and I'm very happy with my current odds if he calls...I'm worse off if I raise, have BB fold and be up against CO AI on the flop and FE against both these guys seems low.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I call the flop because I'm very happy with a BB push and I'm very happy with my current odds if he calls...I'm worse off if I raise, have BB fold and be up against CO AI on the flop and FE against both these guys seems low.

[/ QUOTE ]

That seemed to be my line of thinking as well, you worded it a lot better.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering how you guys play suited aces in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

I auto raise any suited ace in CO or on the button, and will call a standard raise in those positions if they're deep stacked. Even the low suited aces have those crazy A-5 straight draws every now and then. I find they're my favorite hand in position, and the key is not getting too attached.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to say push over the top, but you're right in that our FE is low, so I revise my decision and agree with your post.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:45 PM

Great... I guess I'm just a big fat sissy huh.