Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2007, 11:22 AM

Default Spring Poker Festival?

Anyone going or know any of the details? I can't seem to find any threads on it anywhere.

I can't believe first prize is only 100,000 Euros
Old 02-12-2007, 01:56 PM

Default Re: Spring Poker Festival?

Bump

No one has heard of it? C'mon someone say something about it

I send an email to Party Poker asking how many packages have been awarded and how many Canadian players have won packages. The first email they sent back said that they are still awarding packages. The second said they don't provide this information to players.

Booo urns [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2007, 02:29 PM

More information here: http://www.ccc.co.at/v1/news.php?readmore=57

Shadow
Old 02-18-2007, 08:58 PM

This used to be the EWSOP trial - a tournament that had exactly the same structure as the WSOP main event - of course Harrahs put a stop to them using that name. Anyway, the numbers might not be that great because it clashes with an EPT event in Warsaw - last year they had 234 entries, but I can't see them making that this year.

Take a bit of time to see the city, IMO the best in Europe. Spend a couple of hours in the Arsenal Museum and download 5 centuries of the history of Central Europe - including the car (with bullet holes) that carried the Archduke whose assassination triggered WW1.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:46 AM

I played in a few of the satellites for the Spring Poker Festival and went deep a couple of times.
I dont know the exact figures (and Party shouldnt disclose that info anyway) but judging by the fact that 2 packages were guaranteed, I would say 40 players from Party Poker won a package (give or take a few)

For some bizarre reason, at every final table I made (3 in total) there would have been at least 2 Canadian players...simply amazing!

Spring...LOL more like winter poker festival
Old 03-06-2007, 09:37 PM

im going fwiw.. where did you find the info that 1st is only €100k?
Old 03-09-2007, 05:23 AM

I live here in Vienna, and I qualified via Party in the Finale satellite. They estimate a €900,000 prize pool, but that would mean 300 entrants. While davmcg doesn't think they can top last year, it might be worth mentioning that I don't think they had online qualifiers last year.

Dave Ulliot and TonyG are already confirmed and have been invited by Party to lead their respective teams in the East vs. West freeroll that is set up for all the European online qualifiers. I can only assume that Party is paying them to attend.

On another note, I have played at the Concord a few times and I don't know how they will be able to seat more than 250. It isn't a huge venue.

If I win, €100,000 will be okay with me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]