Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2007, 08:38 AM

Default at the same limit forever

So I've been at the same limit for what seems like forever (200k hands at 1/2NL) and cant build a roll to move up.

I'm basically playing tight abc (like 18/12 in 6 max), bet when i have fold when i dont. when i start trying to bluff, 2 barrell, or emulate some 2p2 post I lose chunks of money quick.

So two questions...

1- are the moves these people making and posting like one hand out of 1000 hands, or are they doing this like all day (one time out of maybe 100 hands). I mean like some sick bluff or something...

2-do the majority of good players make the majority of their money against total idiots, because when i'm 5 tabling most of the tables are good....so i'm probably the idiot.

OK, if this post makes no sense...sorry..
Old 02-05-2007, 08:40 AM

Default Re: at the same limit forever

if u played 200k hands at nl200 and dont have to br to nl400, i think u should move down to nl100.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
most of the tables are good

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe table selection is your problem. Shouldn't be a big problem to find good 200NL 6 max games.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:53 AM

uh

people tend to post the hands that stand out to them, that's usually long calls and large bluffs.

Nearly all of my strategy posts involve bluffs and overbet bluffs. But the situations that call for large bluffs are few and far between. Most situations are simple math and easy folds.

like 90%+ of poker is very simple decisions. C-bets and giving up. Folding preflop. Raising pre then folding.

I've been at nl200 for much longer than 200k hands, but that's by more choice than bankroll restrictions.

Also, all the tables should be good at nl200. The normal TAGS at nl200 aren't very good at all. You shouldn't have to game select, and if you find the games tough then drop to nl100 to work on your game.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:43 PM

Kilillan if your making 5pt+ gringin auto-pilot then that may be the case, but this guy is breaking even so I strongly suggest massive table selection whilst working on his game.

18/12 is a good style just make sure you study your post flop play, know why you're doing everything. Once you feel more confident you could try moving your style up to 20/16 -ish. Also try dropping a table or two and really focusing for a bit.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:52 PM

get a coach
Old 02-05-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The normal TAGS at nl200 aren't very good at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always wondered, what does this mean? What are the most exploitable mistakes that common TAGs make that are obvious enough to make a wide statement like that?

ps serious question.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
get a coach

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry to hijack this thread, but how does coaching work? do they sweat u and u tell them ur hands over skype, or they can see ur screen through some progam or somethin? also, do they just tell u how to play ur heads right then and there, and ur kinda just like their puppet, or do they observe, making afew comments, then talk to u about it after ur sesh?

sorry, im a noob and know nothing about coaching, but am interested in possibly getting coached
Old 02-05-2007, 01:12 PM

depends , remote desktop observing programs with skype or sometimes student records a session he played and then coach/student watch it together with comments from coach, sometimes its just hand history comments

depends what both want
Old 02-05-2007, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, all the tables should be good at nl200. The normal TAGS at nl200 aren't very good at all. You shouldn't have to game select, and if you find the games tough then drop to nl100 to work on your game.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bad TAGs are usually still marginal-ok winners in the game. Stating that you "shouldn't have to table select" and thus being indifferent to whether you play against bad 20/10 TAGs or 70/4 huge donating donkeys is very gross and leaves lots of $ at the tables, no matter how good you are.